The Student Room Group
I don't see a link between having enough applicants and not having a waiting list.
I'm at sheffield now, and I originally got rejected by them in november without an interview. They called me up in June after my exams finished to ask me to come for an interview in july, and then had to sort out the process through clearing. i didn't hear of anyone being told they were put on a waiting list last year, so i assume that's what you mean? if so, you wouldn't know if you were on it.
Reply 3
canopiesandgrapes
I'm at sheffield now, and I originally got rejected by them in november without an interview. They called me up in June after my exams finished to ask me to come for an interview in july, and then had to sort out the process through clearing. i didn't hear of anyone being told they were put on a waiting list last year, so i assume that's what you mean? if so, you wouldn't know if you were on it.

I got called to interview in November, and got my rejection with a letter saying I could join the waiting list, if I had no other offers on results day, I could ring up and I would be allocated someones place if they failed to meet their offer. As it turns out I was rang in June and made an offer through extra.

I'm Sheffield first year btw, so this was all last cycle. I just wanted to know if they still do this. I know of one other person in my year who was put on the list, but I haven't heard anyone mention it this year.

AnonymousPenguin
I don't see a link between having enough applicants and not having a waiting list.

If you have so many applicasnts, why waste time with a waiting list when you can accept people who get the entry requirements you need. Waiting lists are just for people who just miss the score at interview for an offer. If they get loads of applicants who would pass at interview, they have enough already, no need for an interview. That's all I meant. It obviously may not work like that.

Latest

Trending

Trending