The Student Room Group

Silent Witness

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
gbduo
Yes :smile: It turned out pretty ugly, but the sexual tension is immense!

Ah ok. Yeah, I know! It's crazy.
Just watched last nights episode, absolutely fantastic. It was always going to be a little bit of a letdown in comparison to last nights absolute mind **** of an episode but it was still great. I loved the quick changing of opinions that it gave me, immediately taking me from feeling for the blonde guy (was he from Emmerdale?) to feeling for Neil, fantastically done.

My only problem was I didn't like the whole, six weeks later scene... I thought they only did that because they didn't have a good way of ending the scenario there and then, I wish it would have been a lot more upfront with the bomb and just let it dwindle out properly. I can see why they ended it the way they did as it would have been difficult to end it in a way that had as much resonance as the prior events. Oh well, bring on next week.
Wow I'm so glad everyone thinks the same, this one was amazing!!! Just so...deep and powerful! I mean SW never fails to impress really, but this was like something completely different, really really compelling! So so impressed :smile:
Reply 23
I'm surprised Tom Ward, the actor who plays Harry, hasn't been in more stuff. He's a fantastic actor.
Reply 24
I LOVED Thursday's episode. It was amazing, mind blowing! Friday's episode less so. Can't wait for the next episode.
Reply 25
CrookedLegs
...immediately taking me from feeling for the blonde guy (was he from Emmerdale?) to feeling for Neil, fantastically done...

The blonde guy was played by Elliott Tittensor who plays Carl in Shameless, though I think he has an identical twin who is in Emmerdale xD
amizzle91
The blonde guy was played by Elliott Tittensor who plays Carl in Shameless, though I think he has an identical twin who is in Emmerdale xD

Oh yeah, just looked on Wikipedia- you learn something new everyday...
Reply 27
So, the final episode of this series begins tonight!
Reply 28
I thought it was a let down from last week and the two episodes should have been reversed in order to make the finale a cliffhanger that would make everyone want to watch the next series.

I still enjoyed it though :smile: and am looking forward to tonights episode and how it all (most likely) fits together. :smile:
Reply 29
tick.tock
I thought it was a let down from last week and the two episodes should have been reversed in order to make the finale a cliffhanger that would make everyone want to watch the next series.

I still enjoyed it though :smile: and am looking forward to tonights episode and how it all (most likely) fits together. :smile:

I dunno, I thought it was really good. Excellent acting and a complex and interconnected plot, which I always like. They won't make another episode like last week's unless they try something completely new. Normally, they can't build up so much suspense. Well, unless they do something different.
Reply 30
Kreuzuerk
I dunno, I thought it was really good. Excellent acting and a complex and interconnected plot, which I always like. They won't make another episode like last week's unless they try something completely new. Normally, they can't build up so much suspense. Well, unless they do something different.

Ahh no, don't get me wrong, excellent acting, and a great plot line, just as last weeks was so brilliant I knew I'd feel a little let down this week, I think it's just me being tired as well this week as I got lost in a few parts of the story.. Still loved it!! and Can't wait the next 25 mins!! :woo:

Ahh, I don't trust Anton btw.. hope Nikki isn't in too deep there, and i hope Leo gets the little girl out of the house before anything happens to her!! (sorry, I can't spell her name..!)

Don't like waiting :p:
Reply 31
tick.tock
Ahh no, don't get me wrong, excellent acting, and a great plot line, just as last weeks was so brilliant I knew I'd feel a little let down this week, I think it's just me being tired as well this week as I got lost in a few parts of the story.. Still loved it!! and Can't wait the next 25 mins!! :woo:

Ahh, I don't trust Anton btw.. hope Nikki isn't in too deep there, and i hope Leo gets the little girl out of the house before anything happens to her!! (sorry, I can't spell her name..!)

Don't like waiting :p:

Haha. Yeah, can't wait. Although can't believe it's all going to be over for another year! I wonder how many more series they'll do, hopefully at least a few.
I've never ever watched Silent Witness but I tuned in to see the school shooting episode to see how it turned out and thought it was fantastic!
Reply 33
I thought this weeks episode was rubbish, no idea how Nikki ended up with Anton and was just completely random.

Seemed to be more about showcasing the ills of S. Africa rather than a case of any sort. And I could not understand Anton at all, he is like the new Marlon Brando in Godfather, mumbler!

I just thought it was completely random.

However, the other 8 episodes more than made up for it, but for a season finale it was weak, they should have used Shadows.

Graham
Reply 34
BBC are showing the previous series again at the time that this one was on, and I haven't seen it, so I'm looking forward to that.
Underrated programme. Last series was great. Probably better to have had South Africa second last and then the school shooting last.

I think to an extent British crime drama is often overlooked for the more commercially known American stuff. Hopefully Silent Witness will keep on going because one of my other favourites appears to be on its last legs, though the stories are not helping. :mad:
Reply 36
How ****ing triumphant is Silent Witness?
Reply 37
Very triumphant!
I watched a couple of episodes with my parents wayyy back when, liked it but never got into watching it on my own. Whilst home for xmas they had it on again and I was hooked. Have since watched the last series and am keeping up with this one. Particularly liked the Shadows ep, fantastically done.

Original post by gbduo
I thought this weeks episode was rubbish, no idea how Nikki ended up with Anton and was just completely random.

Seemed to be more about showcasing the ills of S. Africa rather than a case of any sort. And I could not understand Anton at all, he is like the new Marlon Brando in Godfather, mumbler!

I just thought it was completely random.

However, the other 8 episodes more than made up for it, but for a season finale it was weak, they should have used Shadows.

Graham

Yeah, I thought the Anton thing was random too.. o_O Wasn't keen on that ep.
Mixed this weeks episodes :facepalm2: To the iPlayer!

Quick Reply

Latest