The Student Room Group

Silent Witness

Has anyone been watching the latest series of Silent Witness? It's been seriously impressive so far but today's episode was absolutely magical. It had a really foreboding vibe to it, and honestly, I do think that it was one of the best things I've seen in quite a few years. The second part is tomorrow and I urge anyone unfamiliar to check it out. Essentially it's about a team of forensic experts but today's episode deviated slightly from the normal course to exceptional effect.

Any other fans?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Tonights episode..wow!! Seriously had me on the edge of my seat. They have certainly upped their game.
Reply 2
i have =]
this series has been far better than the previous ones, and that is saying something!
i agree about tonights episode though, i really liked how they were in the middle of the event rather than just cleaning it up.
i seriously cannot wait till tomorrow!
Reply 3
I was really stunned when it all went a bit murky, right at the part when Harry began to realise what was happening, and it was as if I was waiting for some clarity to develop but it never did. I guess that's how it would be in real life, and I think that's why it was so powerful.
Reply 4
Tonights episode was trully brilliant. Its the first one I've watched in over a year, I think I'm going to buy the box sets or something. Can't wait for tomorrows episode!
Reply 5
Tonights was the best in the series, but only just, the one earlier where Leo got injured, was a masterpiece.
Kreuzuerk
Has anyone been watching the latest series of Silent Witness? It's been seriously impressive so far but today's episode was absolutely magical. It had a really foreboding vibe to it, and honestly, I do think that it was one of the best things I've seen in quite a few years. The second part is tomorrow and I urge anyone unfamiliar to check it out. Essentially it's about a team of forensic experts but today's episode deviated slightly from the normal course to exceptional effect.

Any other fans?

It was fantastic today, I was just engrossed by the whole thing. I thought the scene where the guy got shot as he was on the phone (I can't remember his name), with the camera looking through the glass pane in the door, was incredibly well done. It was partly expected but it still shocked me when it happened.

Not normally a fan of it but tonight's episode was marvellous and one of the best things I've seen on T.V in a very, very long time.
I have loved this series so far. Just mindblowingly good.

I thought I missed it yesterday (thinking it was Thursday) and got so depressed. God knows what I'll do when this series ends.
Reply 8
I would imagine they have a new writer this season. Who ever it is lets hope they stay and make some more. Next week is the last week!!!!!!!!! Gutted!!
Reply 9
This series is awesome :biggrin: Just when I think it can't get any better it does!
LOVE LOVE LOVE! Though I was a bit scared about going to University for a lttle tiny bit afterwards. It was so goood! Me and mother were both shouting "TOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" at the tv because we are simply in love with him.
Reply 11
Yeah it was pretty disturbing tonight and mostly very well done (i wasn't convinced by the police woman in charge of the operation or the parts where they went around trying to save people but, hey, it's not HBO..)

Kreuzuerk
I was really stunned when it all went a bit murky, right at the part when Harry began to realise what was happening, and it was as if I was waiting for some clarity to develop but it never did. I guess that's how it would be in real life, and I think that's why it was so powerful.

That was the most powerful part for me as well. It was very unsettling when he just went quiet and closed the door.

The first 3/4 of the episode reminded me a lot of the film Elephant which is similarly difficult viewing.
Reply 12
It was amazing, I haven't seen an episode this series that had me on the edge of my seat like that!! I literally jumped when the Pc on the phone got shot..
and the bit when Harry realised what was going on got my heart really going!!

Loved it at the end with...

Spoiler

Ahhh, so much!... Can't wait for tonightt!! :biggrin:
Reply 13
This series is absolute magic, last night I was proper s***ing myself!
Reply 14
Hopefully this episode will be just as good.
I loved this episode. =D
Sometimes I find them a bit boring but this one was gooooood. :yep:
Reply 16

Spoiler

I did think the second part wasn't as good as the first, but the script was amazing, so many twists and turns!
Reply 17
Yeah, it wasn't quite as good but honestly, how the hell could it have been? The first one was a masterpiece.

Can anyone who's been watching it for a while tell me if Nikki and Harry were ever together?
Reply 18
I like Silent Witness, I usually watch it every week it's on, but last night's and Thursday night's episodes were really, really good. The first episode had the whole family silent in suspense. Really enjoyed it.

Then I had a short dream about a shooting in my own University haha
Reply 19
Kreuzuerk
Yeah, it wasn't quite as good but honestly, how the hell could it have been? The first one was a masterpiece.

Can anyone who's been watching it for a while tell me if Nikki and Harry were ever together?

Yes :smile: It turned out pretty ugly, but the sexual tension is immense!

Quick Reply

Latest