The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Llamageddon
And false, uncontactable examination boards? :tongue:
Well, let's just say, they hardly ever check with those. :wink:
jismith1989
Well, let's just say, they hardly ever check with those. :wink:
I was pulled up about my general studies when the only problem was that I put down the wrong examination board.

And nobody cares about general studies :/
Llamageddon
I was pulled up about my general studies when the only problem was that I put down the wrong examination board.

And nobody cares about general studies :/
Hmm, well, I made a "mistake". I'm still here. :p:
lmao
Good job man, I admire his audacity.
Reply 84
What's the point of kicking him out? He'll just put he got a *'d first from Oxford on his job application forms anyway.
jismith1989
Hmm, well, I made a "mistake". I'm still here. :p:
well, to be fair I never bothered to prove I'd done it and they only emailed me once about it but it was general studies and I assume that caused them to not care.
intellectual1
If he was at Cambridge would this have been detected? Since Cambridge ask for individual UMS score break down in the application... Oxford only seem to ask for the overall grade(s)...

Does this mean admission to Oxford is easier than Cambridge?

Yes/No

You need to have strong UMS for Cambridge, but this means a lot of people will opt for Oxford over Cambridge as they may be weak in their UMS. Thus you have a higher volume of people to contend with at Oxford, but stricter academic requirements at Cambridge.

^ That is obviously 'logically' speaking, I haven't seen any sources that could back it up.
Reply 87
haha what a legend.

If I was an employer in a business firm I'd give him a job straight away. It shows that he has a huge amount of confidence to attempt to pull that off.

Actually scratch that, he should definitely star as the lead actor in the remake of "Catch me if you can"!
Reply 88
Jinru
loool thanks for this

It is quite comical. I had a decent chat with a guy at The Times about his nefarious ways.
OMG I know this guy!!!!
He must've been actually taking the piss when he applied and then got in, hahahahah awesome.
The guy has massive clanking brass balls. I can't wait for the obligatory facebook group.
Paul Baumer
The guy has massive clanking brass balls. I can't wait for the obligatory facebook group.

:yep:
Luke2010
What is your friend doing now then?

Did he/she get kicked out?

Yeah he did. He's at home doing diddly squat. I don't know what on earth possessed him to confess all to the med school but it cost him is degree in the end.
Elipsis
What's the point of kicking him out? He'll just put he got a *'d first from Oxford on his job application forms anyway.

It's not as simple as that in the real world, outside school and university.
Reply 95
sil3nt_cha0s
It's not as simple as that in the real world, outside school and university.

I was joking lol. I honestly thought universities were even more rigorous with lies than businesses, seeing as it is their job to be in touch with exam boards year in year out.
Elipsis
I was joking lol. I honestly thought universities were even more rigorous with lies than businesses, seeing as it is their job to be in touch with exam boards year in year out.

S'ok :smile:

I'm just lol'ing at this stupid comment on the article:

"A levels are so very easy these days that it is quite reasonable to accept that a student had passed 10 of them....
- Samantha, OAustralia, 29/1/2010 15:02"

Firstly, she's from Australia, so how the **** does she know what studying for an A Level is like?

Second, depending on her state of education, of course someone with a first from a brilliant university is going to find A Levels easy - it's all relative.

Third, she's a complete **** that she doesn't realise passing an A Level means getting a C or better. She's so ******* ignorant that she doesn't even know the grading system here, yet still comments on A Levels.

Fourth, a A Level in Media Studies, yes. An A Level in Further Maths - certainly not. I refuse to be tarred with the brush that A Levels are easy when I did Further Maths, Physics, Chemistry etc. which are supposed to be the hardest A Levels.

She deserves a punch in the face.
Reply 97
Undiscovery
Why do you hope not? The douchebag only got AAA, like thousands of other applicants who apply every year and are rejected.

Ah well, he had to take TWO gap years just to get AAA, so it is likely he will fail his degree in the end anyway.

Cos its funneh that's all
Reply 98
sil3nt_cha0s
S'ok :smile:

I'm just lol'ing at this stupid comment on the article:

"A levels are so very easy these days that it is quite reasonable to accept that a student had passed 10 of them....
- Samantha, OAustralia, 29/1/2010 15:02"

Firstly, she's from Australia, so how the **** does she know what studying for an A Level is like?

Second, depending on her state of education, of course someone with a first from a brilliant university is going to find A Levels easy - it's all relative.

Third, she's a complete **** that she doesn't realise passing an A Level means getting a C or better. She's so ******* ignorant that she doesn't even know the grading system here, yet still comments on A Levels.

Fourth, a A Level in Media Studies, yes. An A Level in Further Maths - certainly not. I refuse to be tarred with the brush that A Levels are easy when I did Further Maths, Physics, Chemistry etc. which are supposed to be the hardest A Levels.

She deserves a punch in the face.

For me, my a-levels were probably just as difficult as my degree. I was in school more time, that's for sure.
Reply 99
That's my old secondary school, it wouldn't surprise me that they made comments like that! I didn't stay there for A-levels partly because the choice was pretty poor. I'm fairly sure that they didn't even offer some of those subjects, English Language for one.

Latest

Trending

Trending