The Student Room Group

Barred from club?!?!

So basically I've been barred from my only local club for calling the bouncer a tosser. This was because he took my drink away from me when I was in public. Ok I was in the wrong but isn't this a bit extreme?!

Tell me some interesting tales of why you've been kicked out/barred from clubs and pubs :smile:

Scroll to see replies

I was kicked out of Oceana in Southampton back in November for falling asleep. Probably didn't help that I'd had an octo-tequila (amongst other things) beforehand! :p:
Reply 2
I got in a fight - the bouncers stopped it - then for some reason I called a bouncer a "donkey f***er" and apparently attacked him...

Don't think I got banned though - Just thrown out
Reply 3
I was politely asked to leave a pub a few years ago, so I went outside to wait for my mates and fell asleep whilst sitting at a picnic table, and promptly missed a mini-riot. Some of my friends ended up quite bruised.....

I did end up having to get my dad to pick me up, though.
Also kicked out of oceana for helping someone sneak back in who got kicked out for being too drunk
My friend got kicked out of a Wetherspoons for saying the F word whilst stood at the bar. She was talking to me, and they kicked her out for swearing at the bar. The most ridiculous thing ever.
Yes, once, from a nightclub when I was high on LSD and had no shoes. :ninja:
Reply 7
I got thrown out once when I k holed in this club, they dragged me out and made the medic come talk to me
Reply 8
After being convinced and lead on by a silly friend, I once tried to jump over the fence into the smoking area of a club to get in for free but was grabbed by a bouncer. I went to queue but was told not to bother. Then I realised it was free entry anyway! :facepalm: :facepalm:

I was kicked out of a bar for falling asleep on a table. The security staff were decent about it though and just politely told me it was time to go home.
About a year and a half ago I was thrown out of the same club 4 consecutive Wednesday nights in a row, the last of which I felt I was being somewhat victimised and proceeded to abuse the (massive) head bouncer for about 10 minutes (I remember very little of this). My friends were all pissing themselves at the sight of me - all 5ft9 and 9 stone of me - giving it large to this 6ft5 built like a brick ********* bouncer. Fortunately the security staff found the whole thing hilarious and to this day I still have a laugh with them about it when I go in on a Wednesday night (and I haven't been thrown out since). :smile:
I got kicked out for chatting up the bouncer's cousin.

And 'throwing' drinks around, when I merely tried to pass my mate a drink who was sitting at the other end of the table, like in the western films...
Reply 11
Refused to pay one of those weird black blokes who hang around in the toilets. Do the girl toilets always have an equivalent in theres ?
I've fallen asleep in the toilets.

Broken several things in pubs...like tables, heaters...

Got thrown out of a pub for going into a private party, when heading to the loos WHOOPS.

Been NEARLY thrown out for one of my friends stealing a picture from a club.

And ultimate story - to get into a club in my town at xmas (a right **** hole), it was £8 to get in to this place, where nothing was different from any other night. Aaaanyway I was pissed by the time I'd got there, had a rant at the bouncer saying 'that's such a ******* rip off to get into such a **** tip blah blah blah', thinking it'd get me in. He wouldn't let me
So I just hung around. Some yob got thrown out, I ran straight past the bouncers and didn't have to pay. Since I could barely walk, I've no ******* idea how I got in there without paying, maybe I've more of a mouth on me than I thought :dontknow:
Oh one of my friends on tsr got turned away from a bar, cos he was way too drunk and tried to pay to get into the bar, even though there was no pavement. Imagine one of your friends being that drunk and trying to pay to get into wetherspoons? Yeah, that :mmm:
Reply 14
stephen_king-evans
So basically I've been barred from my only local club for calling the bouncer a tosser. This was because he took my drink away from me when I was in public. Ok I was in the wrong but isn't this a bit extreme?!

Tell me some interesting tales of why you've been kicked out/barred from clubs and pubs :smile:

I got kicked out for protecting a female friend from a sleazebag, he tried to punch me and missed, so i retaliated, and the bouncer dragged me out and said "look i saw everything that happened and i know it's not your fault but just go home and get your head down and i'll see you next time" Stand up geezer. :smile:
stephen_king-evans

:nopity:

No
Reply 16
I was kicked out of a club in Benidorm because I was sick on the floor :o:
I've taken all sorts of silly things, drank far too much, fallen asleep and been in plenty of fights but never been kicked out or barred from a place.

You guys are doing it wrong.
Reply 18
mm i got kicked out once for "picking up bottles from behind the bar", another time for arguing with the bar staff (paid for a drink and didnt get me the one i asked for) and another time when a mate took ketamine and collapsed at the bar :biggrin:
yeah all the above...fighting, falling asleep, caught taking drugs....being overly rowdy...spinning tables...knocking over glasses etc....don't think I'm banned from anywhere though. Probably get kicked out of somewhere once a year...but as long as you don't make too much of a fuss the bouncers realise you was probably just overly drunk and it's a one off and let you back in.

Quick Reply

Latest