The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I know a few who are in well-paying jobs, but it really just depends what you do with your diploma. In the US, the IB Diploma isn't well-respected so we get penalized by universities for not having great GPAs, but in the UK it seems to get you into good universities with the diploma.

Are you asking whether a person with the IB diploma will be more likely to get a job without university? I have no idea about that cos I do not know anybody who has not gone onto uni after IB, but I bet it would not hinder you because the diploma shows determination (sometimes!).
Otherwise, I am a bit confused on your question.
Reply 2
urm i dont meen going into a job straight after the diploma...i just meen a getting a job whilst doing the degree course...like some students get a job in a local shopping mall or something like that, just to help pay fr student fee's and stuff. so i was wondering, whilst doing a degree course in university, and have an IB diploma, would the student be eligable for a better job? something like an office job (maybe not tht high), but something which has a good pay?
Reply 3
Stella476
but in the UK it seems to get you into good universities with the diploma

Yes you do. But it's a hell of a lot harder to, than had you taken Alevels.
Reply 4
Max Hinks
Yes you do. But it's a hell of a lot harder to, than had you taken Alevels.

Whoa, seriously? What is the point of taking IB then?! Oi, that is very surprising.
Reply 5
Stella476
Whoa, seriously? What is the point of taking IB then?! Oi, that is very surprising.

In the Uk we apply through a system called UCAS. For all the different qualifications there is a tariff table with very few uni's take into account, as for the majority of degrees A-levels are the main qualifications applicants apply with.

According to UCAS 30/45 on the IB is equal to AAA, however most AAA Universities will ask for at least 36 points if not much more. Although the IB may help with regards to you being chosen, it most certainly isn't an advantage when it comes to achieving grades easier.

However, once you get out of the UK, then it becomes much easier......

Latest

Trending

Trending