The Student Room Group

Revenge or letting things go...what type are you?

Have people wronged you in the past or basically been a bit of a nob to you and you pretty much will get them back because you still hate them or you can't bare to not get them back. Or do you just let things go and leave it in the past.

I'm 50/50 if someone is sorry I will always forgive them.....if they're just a nob head and not sorry and it's the way they are...I will more than likely try and get my own back even though I full well know it's stupid and could get me in trouble...usually when I'm drunk as well.

So what type are you?

Scroll to see replies

I don't do either - I was once in a situation where my closest friend started to become very manipulative and controlling, and she told some people personal things about me I obviously didn't want anyone to know. I just confronted her and told her she could GTFO and leave me alone, hence ending our friendship.

I think revenge makes you just as bad as the other person in most cases.
Reply 2
I'm more a 'letting things go' type.

I never take revenge, but that doesn't mean I always forgive.
Revenge, unless the consequences of revenge are going to be so bad that it isn't worth it.
Just resent them bitterly for years and years, anger corroding my insides like acid.
Reply 5
I get revenge if I can.
REVENGE :evil:
Bit of both
But the revenge has to be subtle..... mwahahaha
i dont do either, depending on the situation i dont forgive but i dont get revenge, i usually just cut them out of my life
Letting things go.

I don't have the energy to stay mad at someone for too long.
I pretend to let things go...bide my time... :ninja:

Then REVENGE! :devil:
Depends. If they were my friend, I'd just forgive. But if it was someone that I wasn't too friendly with anyway, but they wronged me for whatever reason, I just add them to my mental list of bitches/pricks and ignore them. I don't bother with revenge though, I'm not the type.
cpj1987
I'm more a 'letting things go' type.

I never take revenge, but that doesn't mean I always forgive.

Ditto.
The survivors of the Holocaust speak not of hate or revenge, but of hope.

/thread.
Reply 14
I let go.............. after i've taken revenge, hahahaa !!

I'm well funny !!
Reply 15
Really depends what mood I'm in.
I usually put some angry music on loud and go for a walk/run.

I usually feel better after that and just let things go.
let things go
Reply 18
A bit of both. Depends on the circumstances.
Reply 19
i'm definitely not a 'letting things go' type, but i don't go all out for revenge either.

usually, i will stew in my own anger for a few days and then confront the person involved and give them a piece of my mind. depending on how bad whatever they've done is, i may end up repeating this several times. if it's terrible then yeah, sometimes i do seek 'subtle' revenge. :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending