The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Leeds imo because I think the place is nicer and the university is preety good :yep:
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
Manchester!!!
Reply 3
UniUni
Trying to decide which one to put as my firm choice but can't deicde. I've visted them both and love them both. Both are very good for my subject. Which one has the edge/ more 'wow' factor in terms of reputation?

From an international point of view, Manchester will be more impressive because it's more present in the academic world. If you have a look at one of those stupid league tables, you'll see that Manchester is 26 and Leeds is 99. Now, I would say they're pretty much is the same league in England, but I have a bit of a bias towards Manchester so I'd say it's better :colondollar:. In terms of nightlife and student life, I feel like Leeds is a Manchester wannabe (to whoever is gonna pick up on this and disagree, that's how I see it, I really don't care what you think, it won't change my mind).

However, Manchester is the biggest university in the UK (excluding UoL), it's very rich and always improving, and it has tonnes of things to offer, no matter what you want to do. It's heavily involved in sports, the career centre is excellent, there are always lectures about whatever you want, it offers several schemes (PASS classes, Peer Mentoring) that would benefit you as a student, but also your CV if you get involved, etc.

Now I'm not sure if it really differs much from Leeds, but I applied to both and Leeds just wasn't up to Manchester standards imo.

Latest