The Student Room Group

Not sure what to study at Uni?

Well, i had a University talk the other week! and i feel i need to make a move on deciding what to do! But im not actually sure what i want to do.
Im taking these AS levels atm - Biology, Geography, Maths and English Literature! Im deffo hoping to drop english - i hate that subject so much!

My favourite Subject is Biology . maths i love but i dont personally want to do a degree in it or a career. Geography bores me sometimes ! Biology is great although i dont really like biochemisty much! I was looking to some courses on biology but im not really sure what to look like! I like all about the heart and organelles best!
but im not sure what kind of course is right for me ?
any advice ? :smile:
If you don't know what you want to do why do you want to go to univeristy?
Reply 2
Apply for biology :hmmmm2:
Don't go just for the sake of going. Take a gap year and work out what you really want to do, or you'll just end up wasting a lot of time and money.

Also yes, biology is great :smile:
Reply 4
I want to go to univeristy ! Its just i dont really know what course to take
casiogeek

People on TSR don't always know what is best for you :h:
Kittykatkat
If you don't know what you want to do why do you want to go to univeristy?

What a strange question...

You'd be best talking to your teachers/parents and looking through some uni courses to see if anything catches your eye.
Reply 7
casiogeek
I want to go to univeristy ! Its just i dont really know what course to take

Why don't you want to take biology? If you're good at it and you enjoy it, then it seems to be a reasonable choice.
Reply 8
Medicine :yep:
casiogeek
Well, i had a University talk the other week! and i feel i need to make a move on deciding what to do! But im not actually sure what i want to do.
Im taking these AS levels atm - Biology, Geography, Maths and English Literature! Im deffo hoping to drop english - i hate that subject so much!

My favourite Subject is Biology . maths i love but i dont personally want to do a degree in it or a career. Geography bores me sometimes ! Biology is great although i dont really like biochemisty much! I was looking to some courses on biology but im not really sure what to look like! I like all about the heart and organelles best!

Biology

Genetics

Or health careers like.. Speech and lang, Physio, Radiography?

I would recommend biology... cause you could teach after or go on to further study and even become a forensic scientist, go on to do medicine/vetinary.
Or genetics is really interesting - if you do doctorate you can make lots of money.

There's loads u can do :smile:
dfjr
Medicine :yep:

Nooo, you can't be serious xD
casiogeek

Syrely cell organelles and the like are the biochemistry. :p: But perhaps you should look into biology. There are many biological degrees you could choose from and you can search for them on ucas.com
Reply 12
Why not go on UCAS and look at all the courses available. What can you see yourself doing as a career? You don't have to take one of your A level subjects at uni, you could do something completely different. There are lots of courses loosely related to biology, or you could do a joint degree with something else that also interests you.
How about you write down couple of uni courses you are interested in and attend the uni open days for that course.

Taking a gap year is another option :smile:
Reply 14
human sciences. learn about your body!
What about Cardiology?

Latest

Trending

Trending