The Student Room Group
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website
Reply 1
Are you doing single honours or joint?
i'm doing it now with criminology and the psychology part isnt really what i expected at all. A LOT of cognitive stuff!
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website
I'm doing Psychology at Lincoln, am going to study Psychology with Child Studies. Are u just doing single Psychology?
i have applied for psychology with clinical psychology .
i went to the applicant open day on saturday and the first thing i realised was that girls outnumber guys by like 5:1 at least in psychology courses ! which is a good thing dont get me wrong :smile:
Reply 4
hey guys , rly sorry for the late reply i didnt realise anyone had replied to it ! , im doing single honours psychology and didnt go to the open day because i couldn tget there but did want to go to check it out ! its my first choice though , what did you think if any of you went to the open day psychology ?
Reply 5
I'm in my first year of single honours psychology at lincoln and i'm really enjoying it. there is A LOT of math and biology the first semester. dont do what i did and think it will all be interesting psychology lol
Reply 6
hey , thanks for the warning haha i shall prepare myself :P , whats the uni like in general ?
Reply 7
i really like the uni. it's laid back and quite welcoming. as first years (this is probably true of any univeristy) you dont have a lot of work, it eases you into studying at univeristy level. there's a compulsory tutorial programme where you're with 3 or 4 other people and work though specific things each week for different modules, it helps you get a better understanding for each.

the location of the uni is amazing. everything is within walking distance. your accommodation is right on the doorstep (unless you're in danesgate) so you dont have to wake up until right at the last minute haha do you know where you will be staying?

is there anything else you'd like to know? i love talking about it lol i spent a lot of time here before i was even accepted (my boyfriend goes here) and i found it so helpful knowing a lot about the uni before i actually came here :smile:
Reply 8
yeh any advice would be good realy so thanks alot in advance :P , and ive only been to one open day and was veyr busy so didnt rly get a chance to take everything in ! but rly liked it and was dissapointed with some of the other unis i visited so was glad when i actually liked one :P , im not sure which accomadation im in yet but filled in the form with choices and im not too fussy apart from ensuite :P haha . any infomation would be good realy i was wondering how many hours of lectures a week there are and also wondering what the bars are like and what lincolns like itself for nightlife and stuff but any would be good so thanks !
Reply 9
this semester i'm doing 6 hours of lectures a week. I have no early starts and have tuesdays and wednesdays off. last semester i was doing about 7-8 hours a week with one day off.

there are a few nightclubs here...engine shed being the main one as it's like 2 seconds away from any accomodation and is actually on campus. it can be really good in there provided you're with good people lol. There are plenty of good places to go on a night out. There's at least 2 clubs with 'special' nights every night. I can't think of a night where you wouldnt be able to go out because there's nothing happening. There are some really cheap places. There's a bar called Lloyds/Square Sail..it's a wetherspoons esentially but there;s a dancefloor, a huge ass disco ball and loud music. The drinks in there are really cheap and loads of people tend to go there before going to a club to drink, it's open until about 2am so if you don't feel like going out somewhere else (it's so easy to get comfy in there lol).

i know what you mean with the accommodation! i think i would have cried if i had got somewhere that wasn't ensuite. however, there's like 1 or 2 places i know of where you have to share and they're usually the very last place you'll be put.

lincoln is so convenient (you probably noticed that when you came?) there's shops on every corner, the gym is close to wherever you stay (not that that will motivate anyone ha). the main perk being you dont have to pay for taxis/buses to actually go out
Reply 10
ah thanks alot ! , thhat was all very happy :biggrin: and i shall have to keep a note of those bars and stuff for when i hopefully arrive in september ! , and im sure ill think of other questions to ask about lincoln :P but thanks alot for your help so far !
Reply 11
Third year Psych student here. Love Lincoln and this course has it's highs and lows, but over all its been amazing! Tutors are great and Lincoln as a place to live is WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Happy to answer any questions, just PM me
Reply 12
hey all , to those of you applying to lincoln in september i just wondered if anyone had heard anything back from the accomadation side of things yet ?
Reply 13
is there anything else you'd like to know? i love talking about it lol i spent a lot of time here before i was even accepted (my boyfriend goes here) and i found it so helpful knowing a lot about the uni before i actually came here :smile:

Thats really nice of you! What accomodation have you got? and what did made you choose that one over others? Do you know much about the sports? And if part time jobs are readily available for students?

p.s im sorry i may in and date you with questions!
Reply 14
hisofi

Thats really nice of you! What accomodation have you got? and what did made you choose that one over others? Do you know much about the sports? And if part time jobs are readily available for students?

p.s im sorry i may in and date you with questions!

I'm in Hayes Wharf. I didn't choose this one in particular, they sent my accommodation form to me about 4 months after everyone else had already got theirs so I got allocated to private accommodation by the uni. I am so so so glad I did though, I stayed in the Courts last year a lot cos my boyfriend was there and HW is so much better, you get much more for your money. The only problem with private accommodation is that you're not guaranteed to be living with first years (however, they do try to place you with them as much as they can).
Unfortunatly I know little to nothing about sports haha erm.. my BF did rugby last year and dropped out after the first 2 months or so because it was so culty and they had weird rules and stuff. I know other people that do football and hockey and they love it, especially those doing hockey.
As for the job part, there is a university "job shop" where businesses will contact the uni letting them know of any positions they have and then they get posted online on the lincoln uni jobshop website, it's really useful! It's also quite easy to get a few leafleting jobs from the clubs that are about. A girl I know has 3 jobs in Lincoln, 2 of them are in a bar/club and the other is in primark.

I can try and answer any more questions as much as I can :smile:

Latest