The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Would I be able to transfer from Heriot Watt to Edinburgh?

Basically, I didn't get into Edinburgh by ONE small grade (got a C in Art, needed a B). I really don't like Heriot Watt. The course has been quite fun at parts, but the location is ridiculous for me. I had always fantasied of being right in the city centre of Edinburgh, going to Uni by just walking there (instead of two inconsistent busses :frown:).

I would do anything to get into Edinburgh again. I'd re-sit first year. I'd get top grades in Heriot Watt. Is there anything I can do to transfer into Edinburgh, sort of like a post grad would be doing? Anything? Somebody please tell me my options.

Thank you.
I don't think many people on TSR are going to be able to give you accurate advice for this - IMO, it would be a lot of speculation and ideas.

Best thing to do would be to e-mail someone like the admissions tutor for the course you're interested in at Edinburgh and ask them if there's a possibility of transferring and, if so, how to go about it. Good luck. :smile:
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
If you'd asked this question cerca two weeks ago I would have said apply via UCAS for second year entry, but from experiences of transfer students in the past on tsr, it seems Edinburgh stick to the Jan 15th (23rd for 2010) equal consideration deadline then if you apply after that they won't look at your application. Although granted this has usually been for the arts subjects whereas I know that Edinburgh have appeared in UCAS Extra for science subjects meaning if you are a scientist (which I think you may be given Heriot Watt) there might still be an option to do this - you'll have to contact the relevant departments and ask them.

You can do postgrad anywhere you wish so yes you could apply to Edinburgh then although obviously that won't be until you've finished your undergrad so your best bet is to try and transfer into 2nd or 3rd year if you really want to move, but obviously they still might say no.

Also... remember that the grass always seems greener on the other side :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending