The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Reply 1
Worry not, st andrews always take ages.. - don't expect to here anything for at least another month..
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
I was in the same position last year - it'll come, just chill. Good choice btw, English Lit is brilliant.
Reply 3
posh House
Has anyone applied for English Literature at St Andrews university? I didnt receive an acknowledgment and I still havent heard anything, getting worrieddddd. xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I applied in October, and they updated my UCAS in December, but I'm a Scottish candidate and have sat my highers which are the basis of their decision. Most people seem to agree that St Andrews take their time making decisions though, so I wouldn't fret just yet! Good luck with the offer :wink:
Reply 4
I heard for English lit in early december. But I'm post a-level so that may have something to do with it.
Reply 5
Hey, I applied for Engl.Lit as well. I am still hoping for an offer... But I am not that optimistic, cause my Abitur won't meet their standart of 1,6 (AAB), I'll get 1,8 or 1,7 if I am good.
I have read so much about that subject and I have totally fallen in love with st andrews and the uni and... and... i want to go there!
Reply 6
sameee, I really want to go there as well but thankyou everyoneeee. I still havent heard anything, and people are begining to get offers, although not for english thankgod. xxxxxxx
Reply 7
ok seriousuly, has anyone heard?????? are they just not giving offers out for english lit?
Reply 8
:excited: I just firmed my offer :p:
Reply 9
I haven't heard anything yet and I applied at the end of october with grades. I know they are supposed to take ages but it doesn't make it any easier :frown:
Reply 10
sadie-kiki
:excited: I just firmed my offer :p:

Yay :smile: What is your offer? And what's your backup?

Good luck with your grades!
Reply 11
M_E_X
Yay :smile: What is your offer? And what's your backup?

Good luck with your grades!

unconditional :woo:
I'm post A-level :biggrin:
Reply 12
I only got my offer to do English Lit and Philosophy a few days ago if that helps?
It's horrible having to wait for ages, but I'm sure that you'll hear back soon!
Good Luck :smile:
Reply 13
heinz91
I only got my offer to do English Lit and Philosophy a few days ago if that helps?
It's horrible having to wait for ages, but I'm sure that you'll hear back soon!
Good Luck :smile:

What were the conditions like? I have applied for English and History (back in October I´d like to add, g'd they are slow!!) and really cant be bothered to wait any longer xD I´m getting nervous as it seems that many people receive English offers these days and I don´t know if I have much of a chance tbh... :eek3:
Reply 14
so nobody has heard who has applied for just english literature who has not yet done the a-levels? welll done for everyone who got offers btw xxxxxxxx
i applied for english and french on october 13th and still havent heard from them yet either...theyre so annoying!!! Doubt i'll be firming it though even if i get it...
Reply 16
Jenima
What were the conditions like? I have applied for English and History (back in October I´d like to add, g'd they are slow!!) and really cant be bothered to wait any longer xD I´m getting nervous as it seems that many people receive English offers these days and I don´t know if I have much of a chance tbh... :eek3:

Hey! sorry taken sooo long to reply - conditional is AAB
any news yet?
:smile:
Reply 17
heinz91
Hey! sorry taken sooo long to reply - conditional is AAB
any news yet?
:smile:

rejection. :frown: :frown: :frown:
they said my grades were enough to get in, not outstanding but enough. however they had sooo many brilliant applicants, and they didn´t like my PS. well whatever :s-smilie: english is not my native language and here in germany most people don´t even know that a thing like a PS exists. so yh, I tried my best.
after a short period of disappointment :rolleyes: now I´m absolutely happy to go to stirling :yep:
posh House
so nobody has heard who has applied for just english literature who has not yet done the a-levels? welll done for everyone who got offers btw xxxxxxxx

I got a conditional offer on the 8th of March. Not sat my A-levels and am a home status student. AAB with an in English Lit to do straight English.
Good luck!
x

edit: And I sent my app on December 16th if that helps!
Reply 19
Jenima
rejection. :frown: :frown: :frown:
they said my grades were enough to get in, not outstanding but enough. however they had sooo many brilliant applicants, and they didn´t like my PS. well whatever :s-smilie: english is not my native language and here in germany most people don´t even know that a thing like a PS exists. so yh, I tried my best.
after a short period of disappointment :rolleyes: now I´m absolutely happy to go to stirling :yep:

oh well, good luck in stirling all the same! :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending