The Student Room Group

Psychology PY4 (WJEC)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Tinkerbelle &#9829
I'll let you know if I find anything useful when I have a look on Monday (maybe Tuesday) in the library :smile:
I do too! I had 5 months off last year so ended up having to teach myself, was difficult to get into but now I much prefer it :smile:
Lol it does but I'm glad I've found you also, it's not my strongest subject so you can help me :biggrin:

EDIT: Just read your profile - you're a Manchester applicant. Love it.

Yep :biggrin:
I'm guessing you're applying there? :smile::cool:
I really hope I get the grades to get in!
jabed786
Yep :biggrin:
I'm guessing you're applying there? :smile::cool:
I really hope I get the grades to get in!

Yep I love it there :love:
Reply 62
wellpastmybedtime
Jabed, you might want to take a look at that TES site. There is an interesting debate about the text book and one of the authors has said something rather interesting, and something you might find useful.

Hey, sorry I hadn't replied earlier - I only just noticed your post after re-reading some of this thread.

It has turned into somewhat a little debate hasn't it? :p:
I see some of the points there are a little similar to the cog stuff I messaged you about.
To be honest I do treat the book as a bible, I dont rely on it totally but the majority of it seems to be good. I like having the option of a textbook by my side whilst my teacher(s) feed me other info. It's nice being able to bounce back and forth between the teacher's stuff, the folens, and I've got a 2nd edition gross book (which has some brill stuff here and there) to get hopefully a good picture of things we learn in Psych.
Reply 63
You seem to work so hard, jabed! I haven't even thought about opening any text books yet. :frown:
Reply 64
mel0n
You seem to work so hard, jabed! I haven't even thought about opening any text books yet. :frown:

:o: I dont work that hard, you must've worked hard to get good grades in past modules?

Some days I do no work at all, zilch, nada, nothin'
Then after a slow gradual process of collecting notes, I work non stop.

There is never a medium with me. :moon:

edit: you're from america? 0_o
(i really want to go on a holiday there!)
Reply 65
jabed786
:o: I dont work that hard, you must've worked hard to get good grades in past modules?

Some days I do no work at all, zilch, nada, nothin'
Then after a slow gradual process of collecting notes, I work non stop.

There is never a medium with me. :moon:

edit: you're from america? 0_o
(i really want to go on a holiday there!)

I don't work hard throughout the year. :emo: I try to knuckle down before an exam though and get it all sorted. :colondollar:

And haha, no, I'm not really, I just enjoy changing my 'country' tingy majig. :ninja: I would love to visit the States :coma: I want to live there. :love: Though I doubt it will ever happen.
Reply 66
mel0n

And haha, no, I'm not really, I just enjoy changing my 'country' tingy majig. :ninja: I would love to visit the States :coma: I want to live there. :love: Though I doubt it will ever happen.

*don't stop believing!* :smile:
I wouldnt want to live there for permanent but maybe for one year.
jabed786
*don't stop believing!* :smile:
I wouldnt want to live there for permanent but maybe for one year.

That's the sole reason I applied to Manchester Met, the biology course has a compulsory year in america at south dakota state university :woo:

(no idea what south dakota is like just thought it sounded cool :o: )
Reply 68
Tinkerbelle &#9829
That's the sole reason I applied to Manchester Met, the biology course has a compulsory year in america at south dakota state university :woo:

(no idea what south dakota is like just thought it sounded cool :o: )

haha, there's an option to study abroad for semester at my firm choice but its really expensive!

Soo how are you finding unit 4 - essay writing is hard work
jabed786
haha, there's an option to study abroad for semester at my firm choice but its really expensive!

Soo how are you finding unit 4 - essay writing is hard work

Sorry for being really stupid but what do you mean by unit 4? We haven't done any essays yet :frown:
Was meant to have Psychology today but for certain reasons I didn't go. Think everyone was just watching a video on schizophrenia, though.
Reply 70
Aaaah you're not doing Abnormal Psychology are you, jabed??
Reply 71
Tinkerbelle &#9829
Sorry for being really stupid but what do you mean by unit 4? We haven't done any essays yet :frown:
Was meant to have Psychology today but for certain reasons I didn't go. Think everyone was just watching a video on schizophrenia, though.

Unit 4 = PY4 = the last unit :h:

Aaaah you're not doing Abnormal Psychology are you, jabed??

Yep (as in I'm not doing abnormal) we were thinking of doing it but the teachers decided on Memory in the end.
jabed786
Unit 4 = PY4 = the last unit :h:.

Right! I'm with you lol. We've been learned PY3 and PY4 all mixed intogether with two hour and a half lessons of PY4 and one hour lesson a week of PY3 so get all mixed up!

I'm finding it ok. How about you?
Reply 73
jabed786
Unit 4 = PY4 = the last unit :h:

Yep (as in I'm not doing abnormal) we were thinking of doing it but the teachers decided on Memory in the end.

Aaaaaah! We are doing memory too. You're doing relationships too aren't you? I'm not, though I would have thought it'd be quite intriguing.
Reply 74
mel0n
Aaaaaah! We are doing memory too. You're doing relationships too aren't you? I'm not, though I would have thought it'd be quite intriguing.

Yeah relationships is interesting - specially the 'formation' of relationships. There are some good textbooks for some of the topics available by a publisher called 'Routeledge' (the front cover has a pie chart) and I've seen some of the previews of it on Google books and they look good.
Reply 75
:bump:
Reply 76
bump again :smile:
how is everyone finding PY4 right now?
finding it a little difficult to talk about nature/nurture debate in controversies.
Reply 77
Aaaah, we're doing abnormality atm. It's really confusing, content wise & how we should structure essays and stuff.
It's 10 marks for AO1 and 15 for AO2, iirc.
Meaning for, let's say, the treatments of Schizophrenia. We have to describe the treatment but then also analyse its strengths and weaknesses.
I never know whether to analyse the actual treatment overall or whether to criticise the study example that we've given. Or whether to criticise the methodology used by the psychological study I have used as an example. Hmm :s-smilie:
forensic psychology=wins.
Reply 79
We're doing forensics soon. :blush:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending