The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Have to agree with this, there are lots of threads now about paper rounds and what are xxx like to work for, loses the proper careers ones.
Fluffy
...or a 'job' forum?

Would it not be a good idea to split off part-time work/vacation jobs off from *real* career jobs?

Threads where people have asked for careers help and advice can quickly get lost by a mass of posts about weekend and evening jobs.

Indeed. An rather large number of threads recently about jobs in Marks and Spencers and how to get a paper round. Nothing wrong with asking for advice on these issues of course but I do feel that it means threads about careers go unoticed.
Reply 3
true, but at the same time are there enough threads for another forum? an active forum that is. cause even though there is a forum for careers there might not be more people there than it already is. if you have started a career thread that get lost you can always write a post and bring it back to life.
Reply 4
I like this idea, I've passed it on to the mod forum to see what others think of it.
Reply 5
If there arent enough posts for a whole forum then maybe some kind of title convention so at least we can look at the right threads (eg EVENING or GRADUATE)
Reply 6
Yup anything that isn't related to your intended career post it in the other forum cheers. Theres also a link to it in gap years so people can get temp job advice if they are working in their gap.

Latest

Trending

Trending