The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
mastergo
didnt know who was who lol well i was in like a greenish suitish thingy. i kinda walked off from the group on the tour at one point haha

chinese? I was the 6'2" white guy in the grey jumper, white shirt n dark jeans
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 41
mcp2
chinese? I was the 6'2" white guy in the grey jumper, white shirt n dark jeans

yup thats right. oh lol yes i think i definately saw you while on the tour around campus when do we hear from them anyways
Reply 42
mastergo
yup thats right. oh lol yes i think i definitely saw you while on the tour around campus when do we hear from them anyways

I think I remember you now. Nay idea, a week or two at most.
Reply 43
Well, this Wednesday was the last session for interviews as far as I'm aware(so no more free lunches :frown: ) so I think decisions will be made soon, though there were a lot of people interviewed. Hope everyone enjoyed their time and tours at Warwick and good luck to everyone. Again, if you have any questions to a current MMORSE student, don't hesitate to ask!
Reply 44
What is a Lab? It never got explained properly in the talk.
Reply 45
A Lab tends to vary in terms of which department you're doing it in. For chemistry or physics, it is usually to carry out some sort of experiment for a few hours in that day; for engineers again it is something practical and in the aim of producing something physical usually. In the case of MORSE, it usually refers to practical sessions in a computer lab learning how to use some piece of mathematical or statistical software. You are usually given a sheet of problems, most of which you should solve in the hour session and the rest before the next weekly session if needs be. As far as I can remember, for the two courses I have taken which have had labs, "Statistical Laboratory" and "Forecasting and Control" answers are given eventually, although the questions rarely change from year to year. These Labs were technically not compulsary when I did (or rather didn't do) them, though things may have changed. As you might guess, other modules to do with programming often have labs.
Reply 46
Thank you that cleared it up.

Latest