The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Its the Daily Mail, I half expected a picture of a fat Asian/Pole with the title 'immigration getting bigger, in more ways than one.'
Reply 21
The article follows the same consistancy as all Dailymail stories, that is fabricated nonsense. Wouldn't trust them as far as I could throw them.
paddyman4
Let's be realistic.

Looool!
The daily mail is a real life troll, you should just ignore it. They still employ liz jones, jan moir and richard littlejohn so a campaign would be futile at best.
Adonis
#that was actually a good article for once

and notice she has excess fat right around her hips what does that indicate - really bad insulin tolerance.
it was more about "eat less carbs" carbs are the enemy not fat

This is what I was going to say as to why they used the photo. It's not that she is obese but she is carrying extra weight around her abdomen which is the most unhealthy part of the body to gain weight on in women, because it increases the risk of type 2 diabetes and insulin resistance which is usually triggered by being overweight or obese.
The Daily Mail is for retards.
Reply 26
All this articles about diet and exercise are really pissing me off.

I don't go on the DM site anymore, just a bunch of papz.

Oh, and that girl need's a bigger sized skirt
Reply 27
That is a shockingly appalling article. I wept at the comment: 'But eating less and exercising more may have no impact on people putting on weight'.
Reply 28

That girl isn't obese.

A good measure of obesity is to see how willing guys would be to **** them.

I would quite happily **** her.

Therefore she is not obese.
I love how you hate them for being so extreme in their opinion yet you assert that everyone who isn't fat is 'super skinny'.
Reply 30
Come on, she is fat. And not just around the stomach area... Look at her legs!
Reply 31
To be honest, the Daily Mail oftens insults healthy-looking women for being "disgusting skinny" and encourages curvy (used to mean "fat" ) women. That article you posted was doing the opposite. So... just ignore everything it ever says. :p:
Reply 32
She's definitely not fat, she's wearing a skirt that's too small for her (and if she was wearing a proper t-shirt that hid the line of the skirt you probably couldn't tell and they wouldn't have used the photo). She's possibly a little bit overweight, but she has a shape, and shapes are so much better than lines :wink:

This isn't as bad as when the BBC randomly show pictures of people walking around in the street in their obesity/diet news bulletins and cut off their heads so nobody's identified but we all get a chance in a supposedly serious programme to just stare at some anonymous people who have a weight problem going around in their everyday lives.

TL;DR on the Mail article, but they generally spout tripe and I wouldn't trust anything they said about exercise not helping you lose weight or whatever they're trying to say now :s-smilie:
"Article today in Daily Mail...outraged! Not fat!"

A Daily Mail article outraged you???? Zomg???

That's likely to be exactly what it's designed to do
Reply 34
francake
She's definitely not fat, she's wearing a skirt that's too small for her (and if she was wearing a proper t-shirt that hid the line of the skirt you probably couldn't tell and they wouldn't have used the photo). She's possibly a little bit overweight, but she has a shape, and shapes are so much better than lines :wink:

This isn't as bad as when the BBC randomly show pictures of people walking around in the street in their obesity/diet news bulletins and cut off their heads so nobody's identified but we all get a chance in a supposedly serious programme to just stare at some anonymous people who have a weight problem going around in their everyday lives.

TL;DR on the Mail article, but they generally spout tripe and I wouldn't trust anything they said about exercise not helping you lose weight or whatever they're trying to say now :s-smilie:

There's your problem right there.

everyone on here is lke OMG DAILYFAIL OMG SHE'S NOT FAT

the article has a good message about avoiding high carb foods and good grounding for it, and if people on here botthered to read it than just get pissy, it;d serve them better.

I even got negged by a stupid person with

Sweetie - you know you have issues, right? This neg isn't really for this post: it's for every post of yours I've seen in fitness/weight threads. Take a deep breath and try to stop paying so much attention to people's appearances.

Please tell me how actually knowing that insulin resistance causes fat to be accumulated in love handles is "having issues" ?

Guess we were too busy getting pissed off at the thought of body image and health that we just jumped straight into the very thing the article goes on about

We are just ignoring the issue of fat, and continuing to eat high carb foods because it's seen as vain..

and I'm the one who has issues :rolleyes:
Yea she's not fat but there is the need to tone.
BUT
does anybody else think that the person stood on the scales is actually a man?? i mean those feet on a women?? those legs?? I reckon its a man with a pedicure. I may be completely wrong though...=)
Reply 36
I agree with most posts on here - I really wouldn't trust the Daily Mail.

Yet, I think it is only highlighting the fact that the more we eat and less exercise we do is contributing to the growing obesity epidemic. The woman in the photograph does have love handles so could be described as being slightly over-weight. But not obese.
I can't believe we've reached 2 pages without anyone slagging of the Mail.
Reply 38
Adonis
There's your problem right there.

everyone on here is lke OMG DAILYFAIL OMG SHE'S NOT FAT

the article has a good message about avoiding high carb foods and good grounding for it, and if people on here botthered to read it than just get pissy, it;d serve them better.

I didn't mean that there wasn't a good point in the article about high carb food. I'm not an expert, but I was just giving my opinion on the fact they used the image of the girl to illustrate the point they were trying to make. I didn't know about insulin resistance and love handles, so I suppose I've learned something there :smile: Just read the article and it does make some good points, but some people will find a benefit in cutting calories and exercising? The caption under the picture makes a generalisation (may make no impact) that it may do nothing at all...
It reminds me of when you see large flabby dogs wearing tiny tartan coats which are clearly meant for smaller dogs. It makes them look fat and horrible, when without them you'd think they were normal and fine and cuddly.

So I think what I'm saying is, she'd look healthier and better wearing nothing at all than wearing that skirt.

Latest

Trending

Trending