The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

how did you get an unconditional offer from leicester???
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
George-W-Duck
how did you get an unconditional offer from leicester???

he already done his a levels but retaking to up his grades
i am also waiting from, nottingham for law.

i know lse, ucl and kcl dont reply till march anyway. so they are the four who i am waiting from.
I hope my replies come before march, the sooner the better then you know what your likely destination is and you can put the focus back on college work.
Reply 24
LSE do seem to give offers for Law earlier than March. I recieved one around this month and I've noticed several others on these forums have too.
Has anybody get an offer for either Durham or Nottingham for law since the new year???
Reply 26
George-W-Duck
Has anybody get an offer for either Durham or Nottingham for law since the new year???

can we add bristol to that list too. i also applied early october and have recieved offers from manchester and leeds but still waiting for bristol, durham and lse . . .
Reply 27
azz
can we add bristol to that list too. i also applied early october and have recieved offers from manchester and leeds but still waiting for bristol, durham and lse . . .

Somebody on this forum already has offers from Bristol, Durham + Nottingham too, but i can't quite remember who. Check some of the old threads.

G
Reply 28
George-W-Duck

Nottingham are holding out on me too!
They must be pretty special to get an offer from all three, how about you gzftan? You're a future oxbridge law student aren't you or am i getting confused with someone else?
George-W-Duck

I heard from Nottingham in late October.. about 2 weeks after I sent my application form. They offered me 1000 pounds bursary and ABB for any subject.

Leeds - BBB
Manchester ABB

So those are all my backups. Still waiting for Durham and Cambridge.. Warwick too. Yeh, these are for law.
Did you get any info from warwick saying theyd got your application and were reviewing like most other unis, cos i didnt hear anything except my rejection from ucas until i rang up and spoke to them about why. That said, it is a nice uni, have you looked round or was it awkward checking out every uni been an international student?
Reply 32
George-W-Duck
They must be pretty special to get an offer from all three, how about you gzftan? You're a future oxbridge law student aren't you or am i getting confused with someone else?

Yeah...i got an offer of 3As from cambridge for law....but the only other uni i've heard from is Leicester. None of the other unis have got back to me yet!!!!!!!

Any news on your front??

G
3 offers from leeds newcastle and leicester, rejection from warwick, still waiting for durham and nottingham, i bottled out of applying to oxbridge... :smile:
Reply 34
George-W-Duck
3 offers from leeds newcastle and leicester, rejection from warwick, still waiting for durham and nottingham, i bottled out of applying to oxbridge... :smile:

Cool, so which ones your first choice then??

G
I had durham and warwick down as first choice, but that leaves just durham now warwick don't know quality when they see it... :biggrin:
Reply 36
George-W-Duck
Hi, I applied for law (3yrs) at both durham and nottingham at the beginning of october and have had no offers or rejections from these two unis yet. Has anybody else had a reply and is it a case of 'the longer the better'? Anybody who applied last year, how long did it take then please???

I'm at Nottingham now, half way through the first year of a psychology degree.

I applied mid October in UVI and didn't hear from them until the very end of December - in my experience, those who heard earliest were rejected and those who heard last were accepted.

Two of my friends got into Nottingham to do law last year - they didn't get an offer until the end of January.

Don't worry about how late you hear from them - I know that people want to get sorted as soon as possible, but the other universities cannot withdraw their offers unless you miss the deadline to reply (which changes depending on when you get all your offers, so you cannot miss it just because one uni still hasnt got back to you).

Good luck :smile:
Would you recommend Nottingham? I'm now nearly positive I'll go there since Cambridge doesn't want me. And hey! They're offer of ABB for Law was really generous.

To those waiting for Nottingham Law offers, I'm guessing they are doing international students first. And they're giving exceeding low offers too.

For a friend of mine, she got given BBB offer even though she's only got AABC for AS. I got given an ABB offer and a bursary of 1000 pounds coz' I'm Malaysian.

So don't worry if you haven't got your offer from Nottingham yet. I'm positive they're clearing the international students then they'll go over to getting you guys done. I haven't heard from Durham either and lots of people haven't so don't worry.
Reply 38
George-W-Duck
Hi, I applied for law (3yrs) at both durham and nottingham at the beginning of october and have had no offers or rejections from these two unis yet. Has anybody else had a reply and is it a case of 'the longer the better'? Anybody who applied last year, how long did it take then please???

Hiya....don't worry, i applied to both these unis last year, and all my unis took ages to reply....i think march may have been my last answer...Nottingham replied first, last year they made everyone take an exam. My advice to you would be if you get offers from both, go to Durham, the course is better, it's more flexible, and everyone is much friendlier. Which college have you applied to there?
Reply 39
SaeedRehman
i am also waiting from, nottingham for law.

i know lse, ucl and kcl dont reply till march anyway. so they are the four who i am waiting from.

hi...sorry, but not true, these were amongst my earliest offers, i received replies from them around November. I applied to both LSE and UCL for law, and got offers from both. If it helps my replies, in order i think were UCL, Nottingham, Oxford, LSE, Manchester, Durham.

Latest

Trending

Trending