University of Sussex
Brighton
Reply 1
Have you contacted them?
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Reply 2
No, I thought id wait till results are in. Do you think I should? They know I was ill in year one and thats why I got less subjects, thats prob why they gave me an offer with so few qualifications.
Reply 3
I would definitely advise contacting them.

If they know the score, then all is well.
If it's an issue, better to sort it out now than later.
Reply 4
Okay, if they know about the fewer subjects, then contact them. If you can get a doctor's note for your illness, then contact them. If not, then wait until you get your results...
Reply 5
Thanks for the advice.
They were fine about the illness in year one, but i just thought if i had less subjects anyway they'd me less lenient on me over grades. I'l prob contact them and cross my fingers till results day, I managed to answer a question we hadn't been taught in my synoptic politics so whoops!
Reply 6
Edexcel? Which route did you do for A2?
Reply 7
Yeah did edexcel, no idea what route it was. Part of it was coursework, part on USA (answer 3 questions) and part synoptic (two questions).

I answered one on whether srong executive needed for good policy formulation and implementation, prob was we hadn't done the bereaucracy side and by time I realised that question was on bereaucracy partly I couldn't really change as would not have enough time, probably should have changed though. Was definetly worse essay iv ever written, my teacher said I was an idiot!
Reply 8
Urgh. US Politics. I did the Ideologies route, which was great. Where else can you watch the Lion King and call it Politics? (it's a conservative parable on the intrinsic value of the organic structure of society)
Reply 9
YOU GOT TO WATCH THE LION KING! That is sooo unfair! My teacher was so into politics he would never let us do that! He nearly cried when he found out he had to go to a christening and so couldn't come to a Blair rally with me!! lol!
Reply 10
Did you do a Mock Election? We managed to drag our local candidates into college for a debate, where students accosted them with accusations, mock election candidates were illictly funded by their r/l counterparts, and much shameless seeking of publicity / defamation went on all round.

Great fun!
Reply 11
You would have got Rehmann then for Lab if you go to Colleyers?
We got them in seperately though as a leaving present for my college I've helped arrange Laura MOffatt (lab), Soames(tory) and Baker (libs) to come in for a head to head debate.

Laura will wipe the floor with them, esp Soames who is an arrogant arse!
Reply 12
Bah. We're stuck with Francis Maude, who has an *obscene* majority. Yes Rehman Chishti (sp?) - very strange fellow. The Lib Dem lady was a bit nuts as well...
Reply 13
Maude is my MP too, ugh! Im lucky though, my college has Soames, I live in Maude's area and I work with Laura Moffatt in Crawley so I have 3 MPs to harrass!

I really dislike Maude on the basis of the way he talks smarmy!! And Somaes doesn't answer questions properly and hates being told hes wrong. Laura on the other hand, values all opinions and is a great MP, though you'd expect me to say that!!
Reply 14
Say, what secondary school did you go to?
Reply 15
Warden Park at secondary school and Haywards Heath College for A levels, why?
Reply 16
Ahh. Some of my mates from primary school went to Warden Park...
Reply 17
Oh right, we get called Warden Pike by all the other schools but really they resent us cos its so middle class (not so much now but used to be the rich but not rich enough for private school).

Who are your friends?
Reply 18
I'll PM you with some names, once I've had a good long think...