The Student Room Group

Need help deciding which uni for Biomedical Science!

I've got conditional offers from Durham, Sussex and Newcastle and interviews at Reading and Manchester.

My first choice was Durham, as it's high in league tables and the course is IBMS accredited. However I've heard some bad things about the Stockton campus (though I though it looked nice) and about how the course isn't actually very good and the uni is down on its research. Is this true?

Reading is also a high choice as the course is also accredited, but I'm not too fond of the place.

So any advice? Thanks!
if your happy with durham and like the feel of the uni, who cares what people say
popadom
I've got conditional offers from Durham, Sussex and Newcastle and interviews at Reading and Manchester.

My first choice was Durham, as it's high in league tables and the course is IBMS accredited. However I've heard some bad things about the Stockton campus (though I though it looked nice) and about how the course isn't actually very good and the uni is down on its research. Is this true?

Reading is also a high choice as the course is also accredited, but I'm not too fond of the place.

So any advice? Thanks!

durham is high on the leauge table for being a good uni but for biomed it is about 26th. whereas newcastle is 4th and manchester just behind that.

but you are right in what you have heard, durham is not a good choice for biomed. firstly it is at queens campus which is in stockton (chav town and boring as hell - i live near there :frown:, no where near beautiful durham) and if you actually want a career in biomed then newcastle is your place because the city is awsome, the course is one of the top in the country and the research and progression facilities at newcastle are amazing.

if you really wanna go to durham because it seem like the right place for you then go but if you are going because it is classed as a top uni (generally) then you would be cheating yourself out of the best education.

Latest

Trending

Trending