The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I did the 2 yr MA basically because you got to study more subjects and I'd heard things about the CPE being inadequate in some areas because its so short. But it really could be either.
Reply 2
hi viviki, where did u do the MA - im thinking (only thinking coz im starting my finance related degree at undergrad this sept). I have found Bristol to be doing the 2 yr MA which is what i want to do eventually.

Mandeep
Reply 3
Well I suppose it depends on your ambitions. If you are dead set on entering the profession, and just want to get on with the business of training as lawyer, then the CPE is perfectly adequate to the task.

On the other hand, if you want to study the law for it's own sake out of a sense of intellectual curiosity (and are ambivalent, or at the least unsure, as to what might follow afterward) then do the 2 year LLB.
Reply 4
Sheffield do the 2yr MA which is what I took, Bristol do too but theirs is alot more expensive thats why I went to Sheffield, and i believe Leeds now do an LLM where your dissertation carries alot of credit.

I found its not just academics I feel alot more comfortable with law now I've studied it for 2 yrs I was still all at sea after a year. I think I would have struggled with the CPE not the academics but just feeling comfortable with the subject.

Latest

Trending

Trending