The Student Room Group

Has anyone taken mephedrone?

Being legal, I assumed it would be a lame drug even though a few people I know people kept going on about it, but it's become quite popular now :eek3:; I keep seeing signs in clubs saying no drugs allowed - this includes MCAT :naughty:. I also thought it would be expensive but you can buy it for £5 a gram online (no standing on street corners waiting for your dealer in the cold :mrfreeze:). From news articles I've read it sounds like it's really dangerous, but other less biased sources say it's nowhere near as harmful and addictive as coke but has similar effects :hmmmm:.

Scroll to see replies

I know people who do, and one of them is fully admitting she's now addicted. She's spent so much cash on it she has hardly any student loan left for the term, and her phone's been cut off and such. Then you factor in that she's known to stay up for 3 days straight totally off her face on it, and not do any work, and you realise that actually, it's not such a great drug at all, whether it's legal or not.
Reply 2
I seem to be hearing more and more cases of people becoming addicted, it seems to happen quite easily. Too easily. And there is no knowledge of longer term effects since it's pretty new. I doubt it'll stay legal for long though.
Just once in a small dose, thought it was pretty enjoyable. I can see myself doing it again.
Reply 4
Use less smilies please :colonhash:
Reply 5
xXx_pUnK_pOp_pRiNcEsS_xXx
Being legal, I assumed it would be a lame drug even though a few people I know people kept going on about it, but it's become quite popular now :eek3:; I keep seeing signs in clubs saying no drugs allowed - this includes MCAT :naughty:. I also thought it would be expensive but you can buy it for £5 a gram online (no standing on street corners waiting for your dealer in the cold :mrfreeze:). From news articles I've read it sounds like it's really dangerous, but other less biased sources say it's nowhere near as harmful and addictive as coke but has similar effects :hmmmm:.

You're 15 and going to clubs?

Is that even possible?
Trigger
Use less smilies please :colonhash:

I like smilies. :h:

I don't see the point in meph0, really.
I don't understand why anyone would want to take that.
If you're gonna make the stupid decision of taking drugs, you may as well take some proper ones, jeeez.
Reply 8
ive taken it
im not addicted but my nose is still scabby from it (took it a week ago)

i've heard loads of bad stories about it though
Reply 9
Whoever makes the stuff must be rich now
Reply 10
I'd avoid it. Mates of mine that regularly go to raves and take MDMA/Pills advise against it so i would trust that it's worth leaving well alone...
Reply 11
I've done my fair share of mdma, pills, ket etc in my time but never mcat. Apparently it's all the worst parts of doing pills (The Gurning etc) - Hence why i've no desire to try it.
If your going to do drugs, pure mdma is the safest there is so don't piss about with new drugs.
I have done it a few times. Not too bad, but it ******* stinks out your jeans/wallet/handbag the next morning.

Its just a ****** substitute for MDMA really. Effects only really last for about an hour I find, then you want more (like cocaine).

No comedown is a bonus, but you do get heart pulpatations which arent nice. I havent done it in a while and I don't intend to do it again.
I tried it once and it was ok...had a short buzz of an hour and a desire to take another line. Was like coke and MDMA in its effects just a lot weaker.

Probably won't do it again as have got bored of needing to enhance my evening when I'm already having fun.

I find the media want to make it illegal so put as many scare stories as possible. In general the worst you will get is a nosebleed or heart palpitations ...some people obviously will get serious stuff like a heart attack in crazy high does or mixed with other drugs/alcohol.

Its annoying that people who overindulge make the drug have a worse name...although just because its legal does not mean its safe.

Everything in moderation please!
Also worth mentioning, its not legal to sell for human consumption. Usually packaged off as plant fertiliser.

Just because it is legal doesnt mean its safe. Just remember, you can get a buzz off sniffing a deodrant can, but you don't really want to do that now do you
I'd like to reiterate that it's not legal for the purpose of human consumption. If you get stopped on a night out by the police and they find some on your person, they're not going to say "Oh well, it's only plant food, perfectly legal" and leave it at that.

On top of this, there have been scant few safety toxicological studies performed, and the ones that have been done have not been favourable. Long term use resulting in addiction and Parkinsonism like disorders, anyone?
The only thing different between a 'legal high' and an 'illegal high' isn't safety, its only that it hasn't become illegal yet.
I've got 2g of this for the weekend.
Never had it before though. I'll tell you how it goes
xXx_pUnK_pOp_pRiNcEsS_xXx

You can order for a few quid per gram, it's only legal because it's a research drug.

I have done it a lot of times, a while back now and I'd say it's really harmful and addictive but most people who get addicted are irresponsible and stupid. You should read on drug forums or things like Erowid instead of newspapers when it comes to drugs, they tell the full story as they have no agenda in mind.
My advice, don't touch the stuff.

I've had it three times now, and each time I thought it would be a good idea when I was drunk and others around me were doing it. It gives you a great night in your head, you're really chatty, really confident and have loads of energy, I've heard it's similar to E, although I've never had that.

The downside comes the following day, horrible horrible comedowns, you can't concentrate on anything for at least 48 hours, will have heart palpitations, feel tired and groggy, and aspirin or other painkillers don't help. Imagine the worst hangover you've ever had, which lasts for about 2 days.

And it's really addictive, one of my mates from uni can't stop doing it, despite really wanting to give up. What little research there is on it says it's really bad for you, and unlike other drugs, there's nothing to soften the blow when you want to give it up (ie cigarettes have nicotine patches, heroin addicts can use methedone (not mephedrone lol) etc).

So yea, sorry for the essay, but in my advice don't touch the stuff. Other drugs might be illegal, but at least the doctors know what to do when it goes tits up, mephedrone is surrounded by uncertainty, and the two day comedowns are horrible.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending