Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Well, the Arkwright scholarship aptitude test!

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Well what can i say, i mean, i had high hopes getting 100% in my d.t mock and completed my coursework to high quality. But the aptitude test i sat today was just blergh.

So im wondering if anybody else took the aptitude test today and i wanna hear your thoughts on it.

I chose the pet shop design task and i struggled with the time so i rushed and did a crap third initial idea then went onto my final design.

Looking forward to hearing from you, and dont insult this bad grammer, i gotta go out now.

thknas
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

I did the test aswell! i chose the memory stick holder task. I wasn't expecting it to be that difficult; i guess the hardest part was trying to get everything done on time. Just waiting for the reply now :s
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joseph Temenu)
    Hey,

I did the test aswell! i chose the memory stick holder task. I wasn't expecting it to be that difficult; i guess the hardest part was trying to get everything done on time. Just waiting for the reply now :s
    cool so when you get a reply letter post the outcome here and i will do the same. good luck!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    WOOHOO - Got through for interview @ Imperial! How did you do?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    lol i got straight up rejected man, good luck with your interview dude!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Arr sorri, Thanks mate :P
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I got through to, but has anyone got theirs at cambridge?? 12th april??

Also i did the usb one as well, it was the easiest, like to come up with idea in that amount of time.
    but i didnt actually finish it, (i didnt do the manufacturing techniques) but i still got through!

What are you bringing to the interview becuase they said to bring your gcse work, does that mean the final product??? (im making a lamp so it migth not be possible to bring?)

AHHH I CANT WAIT!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    any of u guys describing roughly wat u drew???? im doin it this yr an my sch has done nothing to help me at all
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi mate
    i am also doing the Arkwright scholarship aptitude test and i am terrified of the test tomorow, i seen some of the earlier designs which the other people do and they were just amazing...and i just found out today that am doing the test tomorow, so let me know how you get on
    • 117 followers

ReputationRep:
    What is the Awkwright Scholarship?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    its basicly a big company which supports you throught sixth form and university if you are thinking of becoming an engineer, but thats not the only carrer that they give scholarship...(i think)
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MDahir)
    Hi mate
    i am also doing the Arkwright scholarship aptitude test and i am terrified of the test tomorow, i seen some of the earlier designs which the other people do and they were just amazing...and i just found out today that am doing the test tomorow, so let me know how you get on
    Same, doin mine 2moz... I hope that i do well
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by micboy)
    Same, doin mine 2moz... I hope that i do well
    did you do any preparation for it?
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    hiya peeps i'm doing the test tomorrow too ... i am currently the only girl i know doing it! lool

absolutely terrified about it, plus we only got told today!!!!

anyway..are you guys revising anything such as manufacturing processes etc...i haven't
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by g.k.galloway)
    hiya peeps i'm doing the test tomorrow too ... i am currently the only girl i know doing it! lool

absolutely terrified about it, plus we only got told today!!!!

anyway..are you guys revising anything such as manufacturing processes etc...i haven't
    I am at the same place as you, i have not revised anything, and i dont even know how to do a basic sketch so i hope you do well..and i aswell

p.s i have not revised anything!!!
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    I am at the same place as you, i have not revised anything, and i dont even know how to do a basic sketch so i hope you do well..and i aswell

p.s i have not revised anything!!!
    thanks and good luck

i have no doubt that we will be discussing it all tomorrow!!!
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    did you do any preparation for it?
    I think I might try the past paper but theres not much you can do to revise for it. Have you had a look at the past papers? http://www.arkwright.org.uk/scholars/aptitude.htm
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, the past paper seems hard to me really but hopefully it will be alright...hope we all do well even though its a competition
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    ERGGHHHH really scared its going to be impossible - what are you peeps hoping to do in the future?
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, the past paper seems hard to me really but hopefully it will be alright...hope we all do well even though its a competition
    Good luck to you too!!!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 15, 2012
New on TSR

Moving on from GCSEs

What advice would you give someone starting A-levels?

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.