The Student Room Group

Leaving University, student finance help.

Hello, I'm leaving Uni soon, I'm in my first year and want to do something else as I'm not enjoying my course, however I have spent half of my moeny given to me by student finance for this semester already on things I thought would make me enjoy my course more.

When I leave what will student finance want me to do? Will I still be on the original contract where I start paying back once I make a certain amout each year or will it be different because I've left early? I might apply to University next year, will this affect anything to do with paying back?

Adam
I left earlier this year, just didnt go back after xmas..cant say what student finance will say, as they still havent contacted me after notifying them early january, but as for applying next year, get in quick because the ucas deadline has pretty much gone, you can do point 2 entry though. I think, but im not sure that if you go back to uni then what you owe might be added to your existing debt..
Reply 2
Are you saying that you've already spent your January loan installment? If so, and if you drop out now, you'll need to pay that back as it was intended to cover the full semester.
Reply 3
Simple solution, just don't officially quit uni (Just go back home). Until the end of this semester. No problems then :smile:
Reply 4
Hi there,
im a first year student at northampton and im feeling like i want to leave but am worried about student finance will they want all their money back at once? and when is the best time to leave before xmas? if this has happened to anyone please can you tell me the best way to go about this!
Id say carry on, make it enjoyable your course.
They've started playing hardbakll and saying they want money owed paid back before they'll consider you for a future loan.
Reply 7
Stay until xmas?? then you would have used all the money...and might change your mind by then my friend from last year said they didnt enjoy it till after xmas and was planning to quit before but then they started to enjoy it !!

Original post by JamieMS
Hi there,
im a first year student at northampton and im feeling like i want to leave but am worried about student finance will they want all their money back at once? and when is the best time to leave before xmas? if this has happened to anyone please can you tell me the best way to go about this!

awh i go to Northampton do you not like it ??
Reply 8
i am in the same situation im at leeds met and i dont like my course i miss my family and i want to move back to london my hometown... but im not sure what student finance would say because im thinking of comming bk to uni in january and doing my exams and see if i change my mind...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending