The Student Room Group

Law student, arrested for being drunk and disorderly, issued with £80 penalty...

Scroll to see replies

Green Jelly
AND YES I AM MORE INTELLIGENT THAN POLICE OFFICERS WHICH IS WHY I AM TRAINING TO BE A LAWYER.

I don't seriosuly think it will affect your future career... at first when you were saying you thought you were more intelligent than police officers I was giving you the benefit of the doubt thinking "oh she only said that cos she had a few..." but if you honestly believe what I have quoted here you are both an idiot and a horrible snob. And I say that as a law student myself also.
Reply 61
I think this person is a troll guys - see "was i sexually assaulted" post. Prob no worth replying to him/her anymore.
Reply 62
FMQ
I think this person is a troll guys - see "was i sexually assaulted" post. Prob no worth replying to him/her anymore.

Given that said post includes a statement saying that she doesn't drink for religious reasons, there's a lot of inconsistency here...
jjarvis
Given that said post includes a statement saying that she doesn't drink for religious reasons, there's a lot of inconsistency here...

That post was from 2007 I think? People's views on drinking can change over time, especially with the influence from university.
Reply 64
Even putting asside the drinking comment, as people do change - it just seems like both are widley off the mark posts blown out of proportion with her coming back every so often and adding emotive comments to goad reactions (and it has worked). No one, surely, is naive enough to belive that the police, and other traditional vocational roles, are not filled to the brim with graduates nowadays.
Reply 65
FMQ
Even putting asside the drinking comment, as people do change - it just seems like both are widley off the mark posts blown out of proportion with her coming back every so often and adding emotive comments to goad reactions (and it has worked). No one, surely, is naive enough to belive that the police, and other traditional vocational roles, are not filled to the brim with graduates nowadays.

My GF, who's on track for a 2:i from Edinburgh, wants to join the police, so it's certainly not unheard of...

Ah, what would we do without the internet to berate complete strangers?
Green Jelly
AND YES I AM MORE INTELLIGENT THAN POLICE OFFICERS WHICH IS WHY I AM TRAINING TO BE A LAWYER.

It certainly appears they outwitted you on this occasion... :confused:
Reply 67
Hi GreenJelly,

I was arrested last year on a night out when it was snowing (first time I'd ever been in snow and I'm 24!)
Had a snowball fight with a few friends between us and us only, no one else involved, no damaging property or anything!
Three of us got arrested for drunk and disorderly, two of us locked up for the night and given a Fixed Penalty Notice for Disorder of £80 under Section 9 Criminal Justice Act. Fingerprints, DNA and Photographs taken.

Pain in the backside as it means now my US Visa is not valid and have to re-apply even though its not a conviction. (The US see an arrest as a conviction).

If you pay the fine, it is not a conviction and it is not an admission of guily and no criminal record.
If you try and contst the fine, you will have to go to court and, if you lose, you will end up with a criminal record and a higher fine.
Unfortunately it will be your word against theirs, not an easy case mate.

Since being arrested, I've had to apply for an ACRO certificate from ACPO (Assosciation of Chief Police Officers) so I can re-apply for my visa which I need for my course. The certificate has come back completely clean saying ''No Trace''.

Horrible to say but this is an endorsable offence so it will be on the PNC but it is not a criminal record.
You are best off paying the fine, just remember it is not an admission of guilt....

(...whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty, eh...?)
@ green jelly u can win this case easy because if u read the code of practice which they offered u in the station u would no tha only a person of the same sex can search u and u say u were stripped by 2 women officers tha is enough to get them to drop charges just if u mention tha and if u tell them you kno your statutory defences which are they must prove you were drunk which they carnt because no breath test was given and they must prove u were being disorderly in some way just go to court and battle it out and if u read through the decleration of human rights u might actually find something in their which they have breached so if u are more intelligent than the police u will win the case and if u win u will be able to claim damages and then next time they put your name through the system for that offence when they do the PNC check on you the arresting officer will be warned to make sure u are drunk and to make sure u are being disorderly and to be able to get evidence of this so it will lower the chances of u getting locked up for d and d again because they will c it as nt worth the meither
i was asked in court if i wanted to start a job for a soliciting company and i will get paid for legally acting as a "mckenzie friend" to clients i tought myself law and i kno more than most solictors that have been uni for years i usually waive my right to a solicitor because im not incompetant of handing my own affairs but i liked a solictor who i gt to alkwith and i let him rep me so he cn get a bit o money outta my NI number i just thought ide be a better citizen and giv somebody some work to try and boost the economy tha lil bit lol. if u want any more help let me kno
@ green jelly u can win this case easy because if u read the code of practice which they offered u in the station u would no tha only a person of the same sex can search u and u say u were stripped by 2 women officers tha is enough to get them to drop charges just if u mention tha and if u tell them you kno your statutory defences which are they must prove you were drunk which they carnt because no breath test was given and they must prove u were being disorderly in some way just go to court and battle it out and if u read through the decleration of human rights u might actually find something in their which they have breached so if u are more intelligent than the police u will win the case and if u win u will be able to claim damages and then next time they put your name through the system for that offence when they do the PNC check on you the arresting officer will be warned to make sure u are drunk and to make sure u are being disorderly and to be able to get evidence of this so it will lower the chances of u getting locked up for d and d again because they will c it as nt worth the meither
i have a fine of £80 for waving a glass about but the police lied on the report as another police man took the glass off me at the start of this it was 23.30 and i was walking home with my drink and then saw 15 police officers plus, up the street. so i drank my drink and then i was left with the glass i paniced coz i didnt know what to do with it i couldnt drop it as for the litter fine and so i headed for the bin. then someone came from behind me and took the glass off me i then turned around and said what are you doing then realising it was a police man. he frightened me and then intimidated me when invadeing my personal space and said i was carrying an offencive weapon. he then got another officer involved who then led my down the street by the arm where i asked him to 'let go' and pushing me sharply in the back off the path and into the middle of the road i looked left and cars were just starting to come round the corner but thankfully not too close. i asked to make a complaint about this officer asaulting me and asked him for his id and the other officer id also. i was the handled by the arm one more time when he said 'can you come with me to the back of the van' i said no so he forced me too the van and said you are been arrested for drunk and disorderly. can anyone advise me what to do?

These police are abusing there job status and putting me and other people at risk. giving fines that are so upsetting when i have not caused any harm to anyone. i dont want to be part of there games. the acts and statutes put you in difficult situations and the police victamise you and me. if i could do anything it would be to watch these officers and stop them from doing this to anyone else. i would like to know if video can be watched on the day this happened as that would prove everything. these police did not try protect me they just made me more anxious with the around.
Reply 72
Hello, I got arrested for being drunk and disorderly I have a £90 pound fine to pay and I just want to know whether this will affect my child care career considering childcare careers include crb?
Original post by Xminic
Hello, I got arrested for being drunk and disorderly I have a £90 pound fine to pay and I just want to know whether this will affect my child care career considering childcare careers include crb?

Strong nec
romance

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending