The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

So are we going to put predictions on how we did up here?
I reckon: Maths: A -C1 and C2 were easy, may resit D1.
Biology: A -Edexcel exams were all pretty easy if you had revised thoroughly.
History: A/B -Damn sources module! No one had revised the section which came up so could lower my grade.
English: B -Hard. Am going to drop. Nuff said.
G.S: I didn't revise for this but was amused by the questions! Maybe a C.

Anyone else?
Well, I don't want to jinx myself, but OK, here goes:

Sociology- A. 55/60 on coursework and 2 easy exams.

French- A. Although slightly harder than past papers, the exams were all pretty easy.

History- A/B. One easy exam, one slightly more dodgy exam (sources) and I have no idea what I got for my coursework.

English lit- A/B/C. My target grade is an A and I got 45/50 on my coursework, but only 1/2 of one exam was good. The other half of that exam and the other exam were not so good....

Overall I predict AAAB, but could be AAAA, could be AAAC, could be AABB, could even be AABC. I want my results!!!
kellywood_5

History- A/B. One easy exam, one slightly more dodgy exam (sources) and I have no idea what I got for my coursework.

Yeh, the sources paper is the one I am most likely to resit. What were your papers on? Ours were on the Stuarts and the Civil Wars- not remotely interesting!
Reply 43
I had completely forgotten about resits! Its quite a relief to know they are there, but I don't know if I can go through all the kerfuffle of revising AGAIN for exams, especially since I won't even be studying those topics in class next year.

Anyway, at the moment I predict
English C/D - it used to be my best subject but its so much harder now! But I'll only retake if I get a D, cos I'm giving it up and don't really want to be reminded of it!

History A/B, but I messed up the Henry viii paper so will probs do that again.

Politics B/C/who knows? Not holding out much hope for papers 1 and 2, half an hour is not enough time!

R.S B/C This was supposed to be the easiest exam, but it was really hard! Am definitely gonna retake Judaism, the questions could have been much easier, and I missed out a 10 mark question cos I didnt have a clue! Argh!

Best case ABBC, Worst case BCCD.

Argh!!!!!!
Reply 44
Well... i think...

English lit: A (i got full marks in coursework and the modern novel module) - exam went quite well. But i wish i'd done the other question :s

French: A/B - i desperately want an A so i can apply to Cambridge... but the essay on multiculturalism was abominable. Call me a conservative, but i couldnt think of many advantages of multiculturalism :frown:

History: A/B - i think the exam was ok... but it was hard so i'm not sure.

Sociology: A - i think so anyway. But my teacher said my coursework was too theoretical though, so i'm not sure about it.
feeling good
Yeh, the sources paper is the one I am most likely to resit. What were your papers on? Ours were on the Stuarts and the Civil Wars- not remotely interesting!

My source paper was on Nazi Germany and the other was on Fascist Italy. The coursework was on the origins of the First World War, so nothing but dictators and bloodshed :rolleyes:
A lot of people on here worrying about their D1 result...I did it in January and thought I didn't do too well...got a 92 :O ...the grade boundary for an A was only 50/75 , so do not despair! ..For me, I predict Aaaaa - Aaabd (The margin for error in economics exams is smaller than the profit margin of a local retailer next door to a Tesco's)
Reply 47
Argh! This has got me thinking about all my exams!

I should have revised. Oh balls. I think I did about 5 hours revision for all my subjects combined.

I'm determined not to have to do resits, though. Am amazed that everyone can remember how they did etc. Its all just a blur of endless essays to me.
Reply 48
My predictions:

Maths: A/B - I got 97/100 on C1 in Jan and D1 went OK but C2 was not as good as it could have been. I have a feeling that I will be resitting that one

Chemistry: A/B - Got 80% for Foundation and Chanis & Rings went really well. I didn't do so well on How Far How Fast and I really messed up the practical

Physics: A/B/C/D - I have an A for the coursework and the first exam was OK but the second was rather awful tbh. Salters Horners physics exams are so random and confusing that the grade boundaries are normally low. Hopefully that will work in my favour. The randomness of the mark schemes is what is responsible for my prediction being so vague. B/C is the most likely outcome though

Biology: B - Don't really care!

Overall I am hoping that I get AABB
Reply 49
Well, I've only done Maths and German (Edexcel) (cause I'm doing them earlier than usual):

1. Maths: C1 - easy, had LOADS of time to go over the paper; D1 - easy but had only 3 minutes to go over the whole paper

2. German: I think I did horrible in orals. OK in listening and reading and writing. Blah... who actually cares about german anyways!
KAISER_MOLE
...the grade boundary for an A was only 50/75 , so do not despair!

66.6% for an A!!!! I hope the M1 OCR exam grade boundaries will be that low, it was sooo hard, otherwise I'll be screwed
Mata
"I'd recommend resits to anyone who didn't get really high A's"

Is it me, or do most of the people on this site tend to be the ones who are expecting higher grades? Tell me if I have the wrong impression.

Yeah I have the same impression, makes me feel my school is the only crap school in the country! Like in Chemsitry, everyone said that the AS exam was easy- majority of people geting around +85%. I'm hoping to get an A, but if so many people get high marks, an A would be very hard to get.

In my school lots of people said it was hard, I hope the majority of schools across the UK found it hard as well! :redface: . For my sake.
I take it only smart people go on this site!! All you people with AAAB predictions!

But I'm glad lots of people on :tsr: found the M1 ocr hard, makes me feel much better knowing even 'the best' found it hard :wink:
leannemann
I have to wait until 11am so they can deal with A2 results. I also have to go to two different exam centres!

I have to go to 3 centres!
*does a merry dance*

good luck everyone!! hope you've all done well in your AS exams! :hugs:

Ill see you all in 19 days!! :p:
saiyamana
*does a merry dance*

Thanks Saiyamana, good luck to you too! :ciao:
Reply 55
saiyamana
*does a merry dance*

Good luck to you too! See you in 19 days! I hope you enjoy your holiday.
English Literature (A) - I think I did OK on this; pretty pleased with my coursework.

History (A) - The exams were hard but I think I did a good job- I kept very analytical in my essays.

Music (A) - The exam went really well; I had to make some 'educated guesses' but when i checked my notes afterwards I found that I had hit the nail on the head. Score!

General Studies (A) - I actually enjoyed these exams lol.

German (A but probably B) - I did OK I think, so there's absolutely no way I can tell which grade I've got. Probably the one I'm most nervous about!!

kellywood_5

Coursework for AS History?!! Some of us didn't have that privilege!! 100% exam for me - three essays, one source.

Good luck all!
YouKnewThat!
Coursework for AS History?!! Some of us didn't have that priviledge. 100% exam for me - three essays, one source.

Good luck all!

I had one essay paper, one source paper and the coursework, but A2 is 100% exam and that's harder!
saiyamana
*does a merry dance*

Yep you too m8 enjoy your holiday.Try not to fret too much over the :biggrin: exams!!!
Reply 59
I predict:
Maths [already done m1 (100), m2 (77) and c1 (91)] predict As in C2 and C3 and a C in C4.
Physics A or B depending how the UMSs go.
Chemistry B or C hopefully. Crappy at Chemistry exams but had A grade coursework.

Latest