The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
kk
Reply 21
24 mins
More than I need to, less than I want to.
T-Reks
LOL....iv been leaving some of my art hw for the last month to focus on 5 science exams...now im finihsing them off..takes me ages....if its not perfect i cant settle with it!...and WTF A* is 97%%%%%...:mad: :mad: (edexcel)

Lol, **** art tbh :biggrin:
I'm predicted a B in it, but there is no way i am going to get it if i want to excel in the more important subjects. Academia > creativity any day of my week. :cool:

My art teacher scares the hell outa me though :eek: THERE IS NO ESCAPE!
Quite literally nothing until a month or two before exams.

I did okay.
Well so far this week none :frown:
I intend to lock myself in my house and do English coursework all weekend though, and starting after half term do 2-3 hours outside college a day. Whether I can actually motivate myself to that is another thing ..
I've been known to do all nighters for mere pieces of homework drivel.
I'm an idiot >.<

A good three-four hours or so a night on average (A level art is total suicide!!)
Reply 27
im sorry but u guys actually revise voluntarily like throughout the year? you guys need to cotch man
blueflame8
Hey, just curious how long everyone spends doing work on a weekday, this can include coursework/homework/revision?

To start: I personally do usually around 1 and a half/2 hours a night.

its GCSE you should be doing **** all :yes:
Reply 29
Moe Lester
Same :frown: Everybody is saying hours.

i bet you're one of those people who are like "i dont study at all" but secretly YOU DO! IMPOSTER!
Not much / at all.
Nothing. Not unless i really need to.
Reply 32
I would usually revise, i.e. read my textbooks for the first time just a few minutes before the school bell rang in the morning.. Thank god for my excellent memory. I read something once and I know it by heart.
Dnator
At gcse's I did none

This guy's got the right idea. Not including coursework, i think the total number of pieces of homework i did throughout year 11 wouldn't reach double digits. And i did pretty well!
The amount of time you spend revising does not directly correspond to how well you will do. The goal of revision is to make sure you understand the topic, not to create endless revision notes and to reach a time limit.
Watch out for that.
Reply 34
icemasterdsslim
This guy's got the right idea. Not including coursework, i think the total number of pieces of homework i did throughout year 11 wouldn't reach double digits. And i did pretty well!
The amount of time you spend revising does not directly correspond to how well you will do. The goal of revision is to make sure you understand the topic, not to create endless revision notes and to reach a time limit.
Watch out for that.

My 'planner' said that at gcse you were supposed to do something like 2 or 3 hours per subject a week.....so I would have been revising/working for 22-33 hours a week extra to school, if I even did that amount over the entire GCSE course I would be amazed
Rimipie
i bet you're one of those people who are like "i dont study at all" but secretly YOU DO! IMPOSTER!

I wish :frown:
Reply 36
Depends- probably just less than an hour per day
more at weekends
Generally I barely do anything during the week, then the weekend comes and I have a mountain of homework to do for Monday so I spend a couple of hours on a Sunday doing homework. I usually start to revise a couple of weeks before the exam, get bored, stop and cram two days before. I am enjoying being able to do this and pass before starting my A levels :p:

Latest