The Student Room Group

Aberdeen or Dundee?

Okay,I've had all my offers from universities and I'm only replying to one that I would have to move away for,the problem is I can't decide! Aberdeen has a better social life I would imagine but I Dundee looks really friendly! Can anyone give me any advice on what university to choose?
Reply 1
You want us to pick for you?
Reply 2
No,I'm merely asking what one is generally better-not asking you to pick for me I didn't say that.
Aberdeen is a much nicer city than Dundee. One might make the argument that I'm biased since I live there, but Dundee isn't called 'Scumdee' for no reason. Aberdeen University has a good reputation, and it's not too far from the city centre. You've got world class sports facilities at your doorstep, a lovely beach, and plenty of other things to do.
Reply 4
Id go with aberdeen, because its bigger, plus i stay in dundee right now and its pretty crap lol. Very scenic though when you first see it, because of the river etc. Theres only really 2 areas of any interest, firstly being the tiny "city centre" that has the shops, uni, clubs etc, then the Kingsway area, which is a retail park/cinema area. Thats about it.
Id choose aberdeen imo, the only drawback of it being that its kinda far away from rest of uk
Reply 5
laureng492
Aberdeen has a better social life I would imagine

Not my experience at all. Keep in mind that Aberdeen doesn't have a Union, that there are few decent pubs and no nightclubs near the university. I hate to harp on about it as I do in the Aberdeen subforum, but not having a Union really is a massive loss, socially speaking, to a university.
Dundee's pretty boring, but I've heard good things about the union. In terms of ranking, I don't think that there is a significant difference. You should probably have a wee visit and see where you would be happier studying for the next four years. :yes:
Reply 7
Dundee was a great place for medicine. fine hospitals and staff union was great. views very good and lovely countryside. Aberdeen not such nice views and no union.

Quick Reply

Latest