The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

University of Sheffield: Crewe Flats

I'm (hopefully) starting at the University of Sheffield in September this year, and Crewe flats is looking like the place I'm gonna live, any ideas on when/how to apply, what the flats are like and any other advice/tips??
:smile:
xxx
Reply 1
they have a funny smell , which is the first thing youll notice, theyve got bigger rooms than endcliffe, and the kitchens have just a dining table , no like comfy seating. you get a double kitchen if youre in a bigger flat
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Reply 2
oh yeah, and shared shower and toilets, theres 2 toilets in the bigger flats, 1 in smaller, arent sure about showers. and theres a sink in your room
And be wary of the incredible amounts of cold, dampness and maintenance issues that a lot of people complain about there. Other than that, it's a good place to live, quieter than the main Endcliffe site, with gorgeous gardens aswell. The rooms are differently shaped too and unlike the new flats it does have character.
Reply 4
Original post by cheapaschips1000
And be wary of the incredible amounts of cold, dampness and maintenance issues that a lot of people complain about there. Other than that, it's a good place to live, quieter than the main Endcliffe site, with gorgeous gardens aswell. The rooms are differently shaped too and unlike the new flats it does have character.

Original post by kooljoe128
oh yeah, and shared shower and toilets, theres 2 toilets in the bigger flats, 1 in smaller, arent sure about showers. and theres a sink in your room

Just found this thread, I know its old but do any of you know the layout of Crewe flats? Which letter flat is on which floor? I'm in flat P :smile:
Reply 5
I had friends in flat P this year - it was quite a big flat and I think it was one floor up. One long corridor. You get greener views than on the main Endcliffe site and it's kind of in an old mansion thing.

They had the best parties :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending