The Student Room Group

YL_LDN'S chest thread - the road to 100kg bench and beyond.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
mau5
Ah right aye I'm in Newcastle and sometimes use that gym because my mate can get me in for free. I'd just do what works best for you though, my routine would probably be frowned upon by weightlifting noobs aswell.

If I was you i'd definitely do some chest flys though, i used to neglect them but I think there the main reason my chest is improving so much recently.

oh aye man, flys are great . Forgot to add them in. It definitely helps.
Reply 21
cowsforsale
lols

6 months and your benching 50kg for reps and you can't understand why your routine looks ****?

ANYWAYS....i'm out :wink:

God you blind bastard. I already said i had 2 big injuries from ops. There is such a thing as actually getting through the injuries to be able to lift again no? Unless you're ******* wolverine i'd like to see you try. Anyway, in teh grand scheme of things, no one gives a ****.

And i did say my chest is my weakest part by far.
exercise jargon...

I like your chest as it is.
YL_LDN
Monday: Push A.

Bench press. 3 x 4-8
DB shoulder press 3 x 4-8
Close grip bench press 3 x 4-8
Squats 3 x 4-8
Calf press 3x 4-8

Not to be overly critical, but why do you have three tricep dependant excercises in sequence? I understand that the concept of pre-exhaustion and i know that its your push day, but perhaps greater progress could be made were you to separate these with your leg work;

Bench Press
Squats
DB Press
Calf Press
Close Grip BP
Gone Revising
Not to be overly critical, but why do you have three tricep dependant excercises in sequence? I understand that the concept of pre-exhaustion and i know that its your push day, but perhaps greater progress could be made were you to separate these with your leg work;

Bench Press
Squats
DB Press
Calf Press
Close Grip BP

that's what I do

bench
squat
dips
calf raises
incline bench

I always think i'm doing it wrong by having the gap because I see so many people that will do flat bench..then incline and then usually decline bench all on the smith machine-(the fact it's on the smith machine keeps my faith)....my arms,shoulders and chest are usually gassed out after flat bench.
Reply 25
Try 60 kg and see how many reps you can get.
cowsforsale
lols

6 months and your benching 50kg for reps and you can't understand why your routine looks ****?

ANYWAYS....i'm out :wink:

Wow ... it took me 3 months to hit 320lbs chest presses of 10 sets of 10 reps. each o.0 at peak i do it in 8 minutes.But yea cut down bit on the leg side, you should get there.
Not trained in ages because I'm too lazy now but... I think you could do more than 50. I could do that when I was like 13 lol.

I only skimmed the thread but I recall someone mentioned microloading, good place to start.

Luck.

<3
ibysaiyan
Wow ... it took me 3 months to hit 320lbs chest presses of 10 sets of 10 reps. each o.0 at peak i do it in 8 minutes.But yea cut down bit on the leg side, you should get there.

Don't cut down on the legs lol.

paddy__power
Not trained in ages because I'm too lazy now but... I think you could do more than 50. I could do that when I was like 13 lol.

I only skimmed the thread but I recall someone mentioned microloading, good place to start.

Luck.

<3

He had a injury and operation.
19Dan89
Don't cut down on the legs lol.

He had a injury and operation.

Oh ok, thats what I get for not reading the thread lol.

Also, definitely don't stop working legs lol.

<3
ibysaiyan

No you didn't!
Hugh-Jackman
that's what I do

bench
squat
dips
calf raises
incline bench

I always think i'm doing it wrong by having the gap because I see so many people that will do flat bench..then incline and then usually decline bench all on the smith machine-(the fact it's on the smith machine keeps my faith)....my arms,shoulders and chest are usually gassed out after flat bench.

i don't understand people who decline, does it make much difference?

I mean one wee twitch of cramp and your gone... lol
Reply 32
Weighted dips kick the shit out of decline.
Hugh-Jackman
No you didn't!

Yes , i have .<3
Reply 34
height and weight?
ibysaiyan
Yes , i have .<3

no you haven't!
YL_LDN
lol, yeah, rich, starting e-arguments. You're not ******* special no matter what your mother tells you.

I said i was looking for a gradual rate of progress, unless you're a blind **** i think i did already mention that in my thread.

And tbh, i was lifting 80kg before when you were still a fat ******. Suck on that taco.

Erm, 80kg really isn´t a lot.
Reply 37
Brotherhood
Erm, 80kg really isn´t a lot.

god, so **** man. so ******* what? are people here sad enough just to lift to see who can lift more? Reality check, there is always someone who will lift more! jesus.
Reply 38
It's nothing to do with ___kg lifted; it's the attitude of, "i was lifting 80kg before when you were still a fat ******. Suck on that taco" and similar bullsh** to that. Nobody likes that sh** around here.
YL_LDN
god, so **** man. so ******* what? are people here sad enough just to lift to see who can lift more? Reality check, there is always someone who will lift more! jesus.

You were the one bragging about it numbnuts.

Quick Reply

Latest