The Student Room Group

Bristol vs Liverpool

Hey all, just want your opinions on this.
I have offers to study French and Italian from St Andrews, Bristol, and Liverpool (still waiting on Warwick, but I don't think I want to go there now). I'm going to take St Andrews as a firm, but I'm unsure which to put down as an insurance-both offers are two Bs. Does anyone have any thoughts on which I should choose, and are any of you studying modern languages at these universities?
Thanks very much :smile:
Reply 1
Definitely Bristol!
Very highly rated, excellent language departments, lovely city. Can't think of any reasons to pick Liverpool over Bristol actually :erm:
Reply 2
xmarilynx
Definitely Bristol!
Very highly rated, excellent language departments, lovely city. Can't think of any reasons to pick Liverpool over Bristol actually :erm:

Neither can I :colondollar:
Liverpool as a city is cool, but when you can get Bristol, it's like getting clothes from Primark when you can afford Chanel
Reply 3
Anatheme
Neither can I :colondollar:
Liverpool as a city is cool, but when you can get Bristol, it's like getting clothes from Primark when you can afford Chanel

Haha, love the analogy :wink:
Reply 4
xmarilynx
Haha, love the analogy :wink:

I was gonna go for shoes, first :rofl:
Reply 5
Anatheme
I was gonna go for shoes, first :rofl:

:laugh:

It's like wearing Wellington boots when you have Jimmy Choos in your closet?
Reply 6
xmarilynx
:laugh:

It's like wearing Wellington boots when you have Jimmy Choos in your closet?

Maybe not Wellington, more like flip-flops you get for free in crappy magazines like Closer for summer :p: (I have Hunter wellies and God, they're my fave shoes ever)
Thanks very much, suppose I was getting more drawn to Liverpool as I'd know the place much better although Bristol would be better for the subject :smile:
Reply 8
I'd choose Australia every time
Reply 9
abby-mills
I'd choose Australia every time

Riiiiiight…

Latest

Trending

Trending