The Student Room Group

What nationality are you?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1540
I have American and German citizenship so I guess I am Germerican....
Original post by *~HeartShapedBox
(...)
Heritage: Basque, German (technically 1/4 Austrian through paternal grandmother)
(...)

What did you mean with heritage? that you have distant relatives who have another nationality?

Original post by maselg2
I have American and German citizenship so I guess I am Germerican....

That is an interesting combination. Do you speak German with American accent or vice versa? Do you speak German after all?

I wouldn't have thought that there are so many German members.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1542
I'm French,Ivorian/Lebanese. Get jelly. :smug:
Reply 1543
Sri Lankan born and raised in England...planning on building my own island and inviting everyone to live there in the future though (;

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 1544
Original post by Kallisto
What did you mean with heritage? that you have distant relatives who have another nationality?

That is an interesting combination. Do you speak German with American accent or vice versa? Do you speak German after all?

I wouldn't have thought that there are so many German members.

I actually speak English with an American accent and German with a German one! Sometimes I lose it but when I go back, I get the accent back!
British!
But I'm about a third Irish and a quarter Scottish by blood, and my appearance is all from this. I'm not ginger tho, promise.
CORNISH!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by maselg2
I actually speak English with an American accent and German with a German one! Sometimes I lose it but when I go back, I get the accent back!

An American who speak German with German accent - I'm astonished! I have seen some Americans here in Germany who speak German pretty well, but with American accent...

are there anyone people in your life who are German-speaker (as native language) or why do you speak German without foreign accent?
Reply 1548
DUTCH!
Reply 1549
An American who speak German with German accent - I'm astonished! I have seen some Americans here in Germany who speak German pretty well, but with American accent...

are there anyone people in your life who are German-speaker (as native language) or why do you speak German without foreign accent?

My family is German! And I lived in Germany for till i was 4 and a half. Then I moved to the states, and was surrounded by english, so I speak both. I have also worked very hard in maintaining the accent.
Original post by maselg2
My family is German! And I lived in Germany for till i was 4 and a half. Then I moved to the states, and was surrounded by english, so I speak both. I have also worked very hard in maintaining the accent.

That is a nice life story. And why your family moved to America?
all of my family members dating back to great great great grandparents are all scottish, pretty boring. So British.
Born in Pakistan, raised in the Canadian Prairies.
Reply 1553
Denmark born Tamil.
My nationality is German. It's hardly surprising that I have a German flag in my profile. I would love to have a friendship with a Japanese here on TSR. If you are an one, please report to me!

Try Interpals. It is where people all over the world come and chat/make friends. There are tons of Japanese people on there.
German, living in Scotland.
Slovakia! And I feel so lonely here :biggrin:
Original post by theonehitwonder
C'mon... so what are you?

Proud TSRian.
Reply 1558
That is a nice life story. And why your family moved to America?

My father's job!
American

Quick Reply

Latest