The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

KCL's 'myApplication' site help!

I recieved the following email:

This email is to notify you of a decision regarding your application to the Bachelor of Science in Physics at King’s College London.

There may be a deadline associated with the new message or decision so we recommend you check your online myApplication pages as soon as possible.

The King’s online admissions portal can be found at https://myapplication.kcl.ac.uk/

King’s College London

I applied on the 1st december, and have had the myApplication login details for months and they aknowledged my application on 12th Jan. Presumably this is the answer to the application, either an offer or rejection but when I log on the portal it doesn't show me anything new, checked UCAS that doesn't either....the anticipation is killing me :eek3: how the hell do I find out what the decision is?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hiya - you get a notification email every time King's sends you a message at your myApplication account. I would suggest that you log into your account and check the 'Messages from King's' page that can be accessed from the column on the left hand side of the Home page. Let me know if this was any help. Good luck! :biggrin:
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
lujustin
Hiya - you get a notification email every time King's sends you a message at your myApplication account. I would suggest that you log into your account and check the 'Messages from King's' page that can be accessed from the column on the left hand side of the Home page. Let me know if this was any help. Good luck! :biggrin:

:yep: that's exactly what I thought too, checked the messages from King's section and there's nothing :dontknow:
Is it possible they would have sent the email before actually updating it on the system?
Playboy King
:yep: that's exactly what I thought too, checked the messages from King's section and there's nothing :dontknow:
Is it possible they would have sent the email before actually updating it on the system?

sounds like you're gonna get an offer
Reply 4
Playboy King

I don't know about that then. I never got any notification when I got my offer. They actually gave me the offer two weeks ago, and I only found out yesterday when I checked myApplication. UCAS never contacted me about an offer being made so I contacted King's through myApplication. When they replied, telling me that there was a technical error with UCAS and that the problem should be soon rectified, I got an email from myApplication telling me to check for a new message.

I suppose you could try contacting King's admissions and ask if there was an error with the system. In any case, I'm sorry that I couldn't be of more help. :s-smilie:
Reply 5
lujustin
I don't know about that then. I never got any notification when I got my offer. They actually gave me the offer two weeks ago, and I only found out yesterday when I checked myApplication. UCAS never contacted me about an offer being made so I contacted King's through myApplication. When they replied, telling me that there was a technical error with UCAS and that the problem should be soon rectified, I got an email from myApplication telling me to check for a new message.

I suppose you could try contacting King's admissions and ask if there was an error with the system. In any case, I'm sorry that I couldn't be of more help. :s-smilie:

Hi!

Did you use the email address you have for UCAS as your user name because my myApplication service isn't working even with the details they gave me, I have tried a thousand times on a variety of computers!

I changed my UCAS email do you this is to do with it?

I phoned and they said they'd reset it but they never did.

Any ideas?
Ta
Kelly x
Reply 6
kmfletcher
Hi!

Did you use the email address you have for UCAS as your user name because my myApplication service isn't working even with the details they gave me, I have tried a thousand times on a variety of computers!

I changed my UCAS email do you this is to do with it?

I phoned and they said they'd reset it but they never did.

Any ideas?
Ta
Kelly x

Hiya,

I think that they assign you a username/password set, and I don't think you're allowed to change it. King's Admissions is known for being extremely slow at everything. I received my offer mid-January through myApplication and they still haven't updated my UCAS track with the offer... not even after three international phone calls and several emails. If they say that they will fix the problem... then you need to just sit back and trust them to fix it.

I've been waiting for over a month for them to fix my (very simple) problem, but I guess we'll just have to keep our fingers crossed and hope that they haven't forgotten about us. :eek3: Good luck, and let me know how everything works out!

- Justin
Reply 7
Aw I'm glad it went well for you... But I got rejected!!! :frown:

I never managed to get on the myApp thing but just got an email from UCAS...

*tiny violins playing*

lujustin
Hiya,

I think that they assign you a username/password set, and I don't think you're allowed to change it. King's Admissions is known for being extremely slow at everything. I received my offer mid-January through myApplication and they still haven't updated my UCAS track with the offer... not even after three international phone calls and several emails. If they say that they will fix the problem... then you need to just sit back and trust them to fix it.

I've been waiting for over a month for them to fix my (very simple) problem, but I guess we'll just have to keep our fingers crossed and hope that they haven't forgotten about us. :eek3: Good luck, and let me know how everything works out!

- Justin
Reply 8
Awww. I'm sorry that it didn't work out for you in the end. I hope that your other applications went well. :frown:

kmfletcher
Aw I'm glad it went well for you... But I got rejected!!! :frown:

I never managed to get on the myApp thing but just got an email from UCAS...

*tiny violins playing*
Hi there,
I've been waiting for King's since early December and this wait is getting annoying :/
Would it be a good idea to send a message to King's about my application?
Reply 10
mlleflorence
Hi there,
I've been waiting for King's since early December and this wait is getting annoying :/
Would it be a good idea to send a message to King's about my application?

Hiya - I don't think that it'd be a bad idea, actually. But I hear that all universities have been given a March 31st deadline by which they will need to make decisions on all applicants. You could try sending them a message/emailing them, but they might be extremely busy and come off sounding snappy/rude. I would suggest that you give it a couple more days... But if it's really bugging you, then I don't see why it would hurt to drop them a line. Good luck! :cool:
Somehow I'm expecting a rejection...
Reply 12
Guy! Help me!

Their myApplication site is killing me! I cannot log in no matter what, even though I use correct data. I remember that I registered there myself but now I see that KCL should have sent me such details so I can log in. Until I haven't receiving anything except their email informing me about some messages on my account on myApplication site. I tried emailing, telephoning them but nothing was fixed :frown: What to do?
Reply 13
Has anyone else noticed that myApplication is down? Instead, there is some internet service logo. I wonder when they are going to fix it.
Reply 14
I cannot seem to be able to log into the Admissions Portal :s-smilie:
Is anyone else having this problem?
Reply 15
Original post by tfdes

It's working for me
Reply 16
Original post by Merro
Guy! Help me!

Their myApplication site is killing me! I cannot log in no matter what, even though I use correct data. I remember that I registered there myself but now I see that KCL should have sent me such details so I can log in. Until I haven't receiving anything except their email informing me about some messages on my account on myApplication site. I tried emailing, telephoning them but nothing was fixed :frown: What to do?

Original post by tfdes

Had this problem this morning. after enquiring about it, they replied that they changed my username (my email address) to a new one (my new kcl email address). logged in just fine with the new username. just check ur mail (and junk mail) for anything regarding this change, or call or send them an email about it.
Reply 17
I received an email but nothing has changed on myapp and I'm a little anxious too, I think a decision has been made! What usually happened when this happened with you guys?
Reply 18
Hey everyone!
I have logged in to myApplication site but I cannot choose the programme I need... I would like to study Psychology Bsc but no matter how I try to search for it , the site only shows me master courses... Does anyone know why ?
Reply 19
Hey guys!
I have logged in to King's myApplication site but I somehow cannot choose the programme I need... I would like to study Psychology Bsc, but no matter how I try to search, it only shows me Master courses... Do you know the reason why I cannot find the bachelor programs?

Quick Reply

Latest