The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Acceptable student behaviour

Recently some of our undercover agents infiltrated JM1 and found some shocking intel on the state of mind certain students possess at this here establishment.

What was found out is truly shocking, as such it is recommended that the faint of heart cease reading from this point on.

To tell this woeful tale I shall adopt names for certain characters (this is to protect their identities). The main culprit shall henceforth be known as "George" and our under cover agent as "Simon".

Once upon a time some people got an education and decided to go to University. They decided to go to the University of Warwick, a prestigious institution on the outskirts of Coventry. During the application process to get into Uni they had to put down which accommodation they would like to live in during their first year at said University. A small group of people decided they had liquid assets in abundance, these people applied for Jack Martin as their first choice. However, not everyone could get what they wanted as there just wasn't enough room to accommodate everyone. So our small fellowship was reduced further and the final 300 were chosen. Of these 300 George and Simon belonged. They didn't live together, but this was no impediment to a blossoming bond of friendship sure to last a lifetime.

One day George noticed a friend of his (who we shall call "Chris" ) going to another block in the accommodation. Curious George decided to follow Chris which led him out of his block and into another block. In this new block he saw that Chris was meeting other friends and they were all planning on having a nice night out at the Union. George thought all this looked splendid fun and invited himself to go with them. Eventually everyone ended up in the kitchen. George helped himself to some beer, which he accidentally spilt on the floor. Cleaning this up is the work of servants he thought to himself. So he left it there. Sure enough a few minutes later one of the 'servants' (people who lived in that flat) got down and cleaned it up theirself. George thought this mighty convenient and finished the rest of his beer. Later when a few people left the room, George noticed that someone had left some vodka in a bottle on the table. Not one to waste drink or food, George enquired as to whom this bottle of Vodka belonged. Upon being told that the vodka didn't belong to him, George quickly poured it out in equal measure into two glasses and topped it up with someone else's lemonade. He drank these within the next 20 minutes and was then left with a dilemma. What if, upon the return of the owner of the vodka, they don't have such a liberal and childlike attitude to ownership of possessions? What if they are not exactly happy that poor George has finished off all the vodka they were saving? George, the economist he is, decided to fill the bottle up with water in place of the vodka he had took. What a clever little fiend.

A short while after his brilliant brainwave he came to appreciate that he was rather hungry. "Hungry, in a kitchen? How can this be?" George thought to himself. So he quickly scuttled about searching for something to satisfy his poor empty stomach. George stumbled upon quite the curious item, a large storage space which cools whatever is inside of it. George looked inside and saw an abundance of food, all shapes and sizes. He thought "This simply cannot do, how can these people waste all this food?". So George took something and ate it.

Later, George found out that his thieving-bastard antics hadn't gone down too well with the people who occupy the hall normally. It hadn't gone down too well at all. No, people didn't like George. Scratch that. People hated George.

So. My question to you: the good people of the Warwick forum. Was George right to steal all that food and alcohol? Or was George wrong?

Scroll to see replies

wtf?
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
You sound bitter :wink:

EDIT: Though I actually can't decide whether you are George or People. Either way, bitter!
Reply 3
Bobifier
You sound bitter :wink:

EDIT: Though I actually can't decide whether you are George or People. Either way, bitter!

I'm neither. I'm a woman with an ear on the inside.
I noticed two spelling mistakes, and stopped reading.
I have a serious case of TL;DR.

I saw that George stole something. That's bad.
Reply 6
george is a tool
Reply 7
mathew551
I noticed three spelling mistakes, and stopped reading.

I'm sorry, I have a mild form of dyslexia. Pls forgive me ow great genius.
Totally Tom
I'm sorry, I have a mild form of dyslexia. Pls forgive me ow great genius.

You have been pardoned.
Reply 9
mathew551
You have been pardoned.

Can you tell me where the mistakes are? So I may better myself.
Ooft, no need to be harsh and call me a bellnoentry in your neg rep, whoever it was. (N)
Totally Tom
Can you tell me where the mistakes are? So I may better myself.

Find them out yourself. I'm not going to analyse that whole story just for mistakes. This is precisely the reason why I stopped reading.
I suggest you go to George's palace and **** things up.
Reply 13
mathew551
Find them out yourself. I'm not going to analyse that whole story just for mistakes. This is precisely the reason why I stopped reading.

Please remove that stick from your arse. Thanks.
Reply 14
mathew551

You are the George of this thread.
George is a prick.

He is the sort of student that means our kitchens (at IC not warwick) now autolock (which I have been banned from disabling :rollseyes:smile:

I don't mind when friends use my food provided 1) they ask 2) If not there to ask leave me a note/tell me 3)Replace/exchange (we tend to share milk etc) 4) I have said anyone can have it
:rofl:

I'm surprised how you've taken this deadly srsly. It's like I had to read it or something.

Not only is their no such word as 'culpit', but really I got bored from the start. Sorry? :s-smilie:
I don't even know why I'm posting, I'm just bored. :/
Food/Booze is stolen all the time in halls, unfortunately. Part of Uni life.
It was wrong to steal it, but by making such a big deal; things will just get worse.
I'd ask for money to replace the food or go and offer money to replace it. Then move on
Choccielatte
Food/Booze is stolen all the time in halls, unfortunately. Part of Uni life.
It was wrong to steal it, but by making such a big deal; things will just get worse.
I'd ask for money to replace the food or go and offer money to replace it. Then move on

Sensible compromise here make them replace and grovel a bit.

Alternatively if you want to escalate, return the favour.
Reply 19
mathew551
:rofl:

I'm surprised how you've taken this deadly srsly. It's like I had to read it or something.

Not only is their no such word as 'culpit', but really I got bored from the start. Sorry? :s-smilie:
I don't even know why I'm posting, I'm just bored. :/

kwatevar.

Latest

Trending

Trending