University advice- Southampton or Loughborough

Hey,

I have applied to study Economics Bsc (L100) and recieved 4 out of 5 offers,
Loughborough AAB
Southampton AAB
Exeter AAA
Leicester ABB

and unfortuntely got rejected from Nottingham AAA

i'd prefer to make Loughborough firm and then southampton back up. But obviously if i dont get into loughborough i am unlikely to get into soton, due to the same grade requirements.
I dont know what to do....
My reasons for loughborough are:-
- a lot closer to home
- I play a sport for England, so i would be able to carry that on at loughborough
- looked like a really nice place and with cities nearby
- best student life in 2009 or something

compared to southampton
- as i feel may be the better university?
- Proper city life
- But is a bit far away

Also i want to think about my job prospects

I am currently on A in AS geography, A* in Extended project and AAB from last year in economics, Pe and maths (B). WOuld it be worth having a gap year then reapplying to nottingham and oxbridge?

please respond,,,, need help!!:confused:
Reply 1
you wont get into nottingham with a B in maths, let alone oxbridge. southampton probably has the better economics department, but you will have near enough equal job prospects going to either of them. go to open days and just choose which you prefer, pointless letting a bunch of randomers on a forum dictate where you will live for the next 3 years. it sounds like you've already decided on loogabrooga anyway.
Not to push my uni onto you but what about exeter.

Its very good for sports, comes top 5 in BUCS (the sports league for universities)
Very good student satisfaction, 3rd last year

But to get back on track, i would choose Southampton personally, loughborough has always been low in my books mostly because of the low male to female ratio, i know quite a few people that go and there are alot of guys, its not a myth. however the most important thing is to visit as many of the unis as you can, theres no point being at a uni in September and realizing that you made a mistake.
Reply 3
c.allen
Hey,

I have applied to study Economics Bsc (L100) and recieved 4 out of 5 offers,
Loughborough AAB
Southampton AAB
Exeter AAA
Leicester ABB

and unfortuntely got rejected from Nottingham AAA

i'd prefer to make Loughborough firm and then southampton back up. But obviously if i dont get into loughborough i am unlikely to get into soton, due to the same grade requirements.
I dont know what to do....
My reasons for loughborough are:-
- a lot closer to home
- I play a sport for England, so i would be able to carry that on at loughborough
- looked like a really nice place and with cities nearby
- best student life in 2009 or something

compared to southampton
- as i feel may be the better university?
- Proper city life
- But is a bit far away

Also i want to think about my job prospects

I am currently on A in AS geography, A* in Extended project and AAB from last year in economics, Pe and maths (B). WOuld it be worth having a gap year then reapplying to nottingham and oxbridge?

please respond,,,, need help!!:confused:

Is your sport's national team based at Loughborough?
How important is your sport to you c.f. economics?
Also I don't exactly understand your academics. Have you got:
Year 12
AS geography A
Extended projct A*
economics A
Pe A
maths B

Year 13
A2 economics, Pe and maths
(predictions?)
Reply 4
To be honest with you southampton is considered to be a more academic university than Loughborough but Loughborough is renowned for being a great sporing uni. At the end of the day its down to were your priorities lie i.e, academic or sporting. Remember tho that southampton like any uni has great sporting oppotunities and any sport that you compete in is taken very! seriously.
And i would never trust those best night out things becasue i can tel you from experiance that night out in southampton are epic. If your up for a posh night out i think we have the biggest oceana in the uk or soemthing, or if you want a propper student night then 50p pints and shots at jesters ought to sort you out.
Either way southampton is an exelent uni and is considered one of the best in the country. Your choice tho.

Latest

Trending

Trending