The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I had key the words/points which I'd structure my argument around on the notecards, along with phrases on how to link it to the next point and how to bring the points together in an evaluative perspective.
I did mine in script format with a partner, and we basically just spent a lot of time going over and over the script until we could memorise sections of it - then we were prompted by each other's lines.

However, both of us had experience of line-learning and performing in a theatre environment, so that probably gave us an advantage. I would suggest just taking half an hour every night for the week before the presentation to just read through it out loud, and gradually you will find yourself memorising it.

Then, write the first line of each paragraph on a notecard, that way if you forget things, you will be able to start and then your memory should kick in so you can carry on :biggrin:
Reply 3
Memorizing is okay, but if it sounds too rehearsed it's just urghhh to listen to (Not that that matters though).

I used prompt cards with major points on them and sort of knew most of what I wanted to say. I don't think trying to remember the presentation line by line is a good idea but it's up to you I suppose.
I didn't memorize anything :dontknow: just basically read it and looked up at people every so often lol. Got a 19 so can't have been that terrible :p:
Reply 5
SuicidalLemming
I didn't memorize anything :dontknow: just basically read it and looked up at people every so often lol. Got a 19 so can't have been that terrible :p:

haha! same here mate.
I think with ToK, it's not all about presentation skills unlike english which is part of its marking criteria. The most important thing is to identify the knowledge issue in your presentation and try to analyse it from a tok perspective (i.e. using the 4 ways on knowing and in each 4 ways of knowing break them down further - thts the basic structure I used.. you can't go wrong with that to be honest!) good luck.

Latest

Trending

Trending