The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
getting too friendly with the kerb... three times
Face off against a lorry... I lost AND failed my test :frown:
Reply 3
Hesitation, got a bit too close to other cars and leaving the roundabout using the wrong lane..
Reply 4
stopping on a yellow box junction at a traffic light when it was red
crrrrrash
getting too friendly with the kerb... three times

Same.

kerb crawling is a terrible thing :auto:
2 majors- one on a very narrow road I didn't judge properly the space I had to get around a car nearly hitting it, the second one I didn't change lanes to allow someone to join the dual carriageway and had to brake hard. I only got 5 minors though.

I'm not a bad driver, I've been driving for 6 months now and getting pretty good, so I would attribute those to nerves.
Reply 7
reversing round a corner

but it was literally two minutes into the tests
and on my second one i did the best reverse around a corner EVERRR, and only got 2 minors

tbh i didn't have a lesson between my tests so it's just a nerves thing if anything

(oh and tests in rush hour=BEST TIMEEEE)
Reply 8
over the line on a bay park at the start of the test.
I didn't fail, but I have a couple of friends who did fail first time.
One for going over the speed limit slightly a few times, one for "not properly checking at a junction" and one for totally failing their manouevres.
Reply 10
oh also,
i know someone who failed for driving on the wrong side of the road
as soon as he came out of the test centre

the examiner made him get out and walk :|
Hm, I kept having seizures. Which caused a few problems.

Still took the test three times and drove for quite some time (I never actually passed).

It was the time I nearly caused a five car pile-up that I decided maybe something was wrong.... (four previous doctors had told me I was fine)
First one; Using the wrong lane on a roundabout and therefore exiting the roundabout in the wrong lane, did that twice on 2 different roundabouts :frown:
Second one; Going too fast for the conditions, and going round a corner too fast and in a too high of a gear.

Apart from that 4 minors on each, and 3 minors on my third test which i did pass :biggrin:
the examiner was well grumpy with me (the girl before failed in 5 mins)
so he was shouting alot, got nervous and stalled at traffic lights on the high street, major because it held up some traffic :|

(i complained about him though...:rolleyes:)

EDIT: passed 2nd time though :biggrin: ( just over a week later....)
Parrallel parking, going through a red light, hitting the kerb. This was on 3 separate tests, not all the same one.
Hit the curb on a parallel park...pulled back out...pulled back in...hit it again...pulled back out...pullled back in...hit it again...gave up :tongue:

Examiner told me he would have even passed me after the second nudge of the curb, but 3rd was a bit too far.

On my second test I didn't get the parallel park, luckily...still cant do them :biggrin:
I got in the wrong lane at a roundabout :frown:

Second test I got 4 minors within the first minute.... although still managed to pass and according to the examiner had the worst start to a test he had ever seen... oops
I didn't ^^

Although I'm suprised I didn't fail, I did try to pull away without putting it in gear. Took me over a minute to realise.
Reply 18
I failed 3 times :nothing: (Passed on 4th btw)

1/ 2 majors - Apparently I forgot to indicate on the 2nd turning, although I dispute this. Second was at a roundabout. Waited ages for a clear space, rude boy shot round dangerously and the instuctor went to hit the brake, but missed... :colonhash: The car ended up nowhere near me, no need to brake but she failed me for it. Whatever.
2/ 1 major, so ridiculous. 3 point turn and not waiting for OAP's to be well away from the path, despite there being a verge in between. With their mobility, even if they wanted to, it would have been physically impossible for them to even fall near the road. ******* **** of an instructor.
3/ 1 major - complete ****** on my part. Heading to a roundabout about 60 seconds from the end of the test, it was plain sailing. There was a crossing ahead and these kids ******* about a the side of the road, so I had to keep an eye on them. Thing is, the van in the front slammed their brakes on whilst I was concerning myself with these kids. I broke in time to not hit him, but apparently my reactions weren't good enough. I panicked all the way back to the test centre. Probably the most gutted i've ever been.

4th was a charm :p:
I attempted to get friendly with a parked car's wing mirror. I was trying to avoid another car. Apparently, i should have stopped and let the other car past (the examiner grabbed the wheel and shouted "Watch where you're driving!" before treating me with absolute hostility for the rest of the test) (I don't know who was happier when the test ended: me or him)

Latest

Trending

Trending