The Student Room Group

Feedback for unsuccessful candidates for 2010 entry

Poll

Feedback for unsuccesful applicants - have you got yours, or are you still waiting?

I wondered - is anyone else still waiting to get feedback from Cambridge? Has anyone got their already?

My daughter applied for History at Fitz and was told she was unsuccessful about a month ago. She had asked for feedback and after waiting quite a while, sent them an email reminding them that she still wanted feedback. Still nothing.

Any advice anyone?

Scroll to see replies

Lol Fitz.
Reply 2
I asked for feedback from Pembroke and they were very quick with sending it - shame they took almost a month to tell me i was rejected after being pooled!!
Where's the option for 'I was good enough and got an offer therefore require no feedback of any sort' :biggrin:
CapitalismRocks
Where's the option for 'I was good enough and got an offer therefore require no feedback of any sort' :biggrin:

Don't be a dick. We all know your rich dad bought you a place there anyway.
usainlightning
Don't be a dick. We all know your rich dad bought you a place there anyway.

You can't buy a place at Cambridge, dear. He did however fund my education at a top private school :wink:
Reply 6
CapitalismRocks

The clue is in the question

Maybe everyone would benefit from some feedback? :eek:

CapitalismRocks
You can't buy a place at Cambridge, dear. He did however fund my education at a top private school :wink:

Same thing. I've heard almost 50% of people going to Westminster school get accepted by oxbridge. So you haven't really got much to brag about.
Reply 8
CapitalismRocks

I really hope you and I never meet you pompous ****.
Reply 9
Where's the option: I was spoiled enough to let my rich daddy spend over 15 000 pounds a year to my school, in other words, bought my place and don't have to ask for feedback.
Reply 10
usainlightning
Same thing. I've heard almost 50% of people going to Westminster school get accepted by oxbridge. So you haven't really got much to brag about.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/education/article2492736.ece
'Westminster School sent 49.9 per cent of its leavers to Oxbridge'
What would anyone in that position have to do to make themselves feel that their success was down to their own ability?
Reply 11
CapitalismRocks

It is clear your reputation is correlated with your personality.
Reply 12
bb193
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/education/article2492736.ece
'Westminster School sent 49.9 per cent of its leavers to Oxbridge'
What would anyone in that position have to do to make themselves feel that their success was down to their own ability?

They can't possibly feel that way, unless they're REALLY good at fooling themselves. I would guess the whole point of such a school is that even very mediocre students can get high grades, add tons of interview prep to make it through the selection process :wink: The teachers must know every trick and are probably pretty much trained to get pupils into Oxbridge. The only thing you have to do is spend about 100 K on your schooling...
Reply 13
CapitalismRocks

What college?
Reply 14
CapitalismRocks

Obvious troll is obvious.
Reply 15
Last year I got feedback just beofre february half term but I know other people who waited much longer. They've only just finished letting people know the result of the pool so it could be a while if you want useful feedback
CapitalismRocks

Your type always end up in prison.....for either obsessive fraud or crashing your dad's car into a people carrier on it's way to school...

Besides, you got 2 A's at GCSE? Isn't that classed as a *failure* at Private schools....I think so...and one of them was in Philosopy? That's the easiest subject ever!! :rolleyes:

And you were at Private....not public...your dad couldn't buy you that could he :p:
bb193
I wondered - is anyone else still waiting to get feedback from Cambridge? Has anyone got their already?

My daughter applied for History at Fitz and was told she was unsuccessful about a month ago. She had asked for feedback and after waiting quite a while, sent them an email reminding them that she still wanted feedback. Still nothing.

Any advice anyone?

It would be a good idea to get her school to phone or e-mail to check it's on the way as they much prefer to communicate with schools rather than applicants and their families about feedback. :smile:
stef.strawbs.123
Your type always end up in prison.....for either obsessive fraud or crashing your dad's car into a people carrier on it's way to school...

Besides, you got 2 A's at GCSE? Isn't that classed as a *failure* at Private schools....I think so...and one of them was in Philosopy? That's the easiest subject ever!! :rolleyes:

And you were at Private....not public...your dad couldn't buy you that could he :p:

*******. Hilarious.
Reply 19
Nope, still no feedback :frown:. I asked my school top email them a few weeks ago, but I doubt they have yet :o:

Latest

Trending

Trending