Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Analyst Wardrobe

Announcements Posted on
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CityTrader)
    Build up layers, and use spit aswell. the moisture is key if you want to get the shine on the cap.
    Spit supposedly damages the leather due to the enzymes, especially if you have been drinking alcohol or eating sweets etc.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Where to find the best men's socks for office wear?

I find the big department stores short on sufficient range of colours to match to my trousers, particularly when wearing navy / beige chinos to the office.
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crafty bison)
    Where to find the best men's socks for office wear?

I find the big department stores short on sufficient range of colours to match to my trousers, particularly when wearing navy / beige chinos to the office.
    John Lewis should serve you fine tbph.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I know watches have been discussed but does it really matter what watch you wear??

My everyday watch is a Rolex sub, this should be fine to wear or may it be a bit flash??

Surely no one gives a toss considering an IB is a monied environment anyway!!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Some of the posts on here make me want to cringe myself away into a different universe
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ha this thread is back.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gangst)
    I know watches have been discussed but does it really matter what watch you wear??

My everyday watch is a Rolex sub, this should be fine to wear or may it be a bit flash??

If you wear that watch, you will definitely get fired on your first day. Fact.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I don't think you guys got that American Psycho was supposed to be satirical.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    if i wear my gucci suit and prada shoes with my rolex watch and drive my ferrari to the office, will the guys mind??????????
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    A rolex sub is a pretty pedestrian watch tbh.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    A rolex sub is a pretty pedestrian watch tbh.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Watch_For_Pedestrians_Sign_SC1092-ba.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	32.6 KB 
ID:	135099
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crustz)
    I don't think you guys got that American Psycho was supposed to be satirical.
    wish I could rep you more

exactly my attitude when reading this thread
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    So the shirts I bought last year don't really fit me well. Charles Tyrwhitt's smallest of the smallest size (fully fitted or whatever term they use) looked ridiculously baggy on me. T M Lewin shirts (which are the ones I bought) look passable, but just not great really. Next shirts fit me well, so I'm thinking of reverting back to those ones.

However, I found this offer online:

http://www.livingsocial.com/cities/1...tom-made-shirt

Worth getting some bespoke shirts?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:

So long as your Rolex knows what the time is and your ass is back with the coffee in good time no one will care.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Anyone can tip me off regarding where to get some nice-but-not-too-pricey custom shirts in London?
    I'm looking to spend <100 £ per shirt, and of course I'd like them to be of decent quality.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hermes ties- they're like Jordans for white ppl. :cool:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ToxicFrog)
    Anyone can tip me off regarding where to get some nice-but-not-too-pricey custom shirts in London?
    I'm looking to spend <100 £ per shirt, and of course I'd like them to be of decent quality.
    Seconded, my Bangkok tailor shirts are still my favourites despite the relatively low quality of material; the fit makes all the difference.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    What do people normally where for dress down Friday?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Non-standard shirt, smart jeans, decent shoes.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Jeeeeesus. With hindsight, most of this thread is ****ing cringeworthy.

This subforum is officially dead.

EDIT: Also, I'm looking for a job, holla with any opportunities.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: January 8, 2014
New on TSR

What do you think of the BBC?

UK Parliament wants to hear your views

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.