The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
luna28
Hellooo =]

I got rejected to study English at Exeter's main campus and offered a place at the Cornwall campus which I went down to see this past week

I'm trying to decide which to put as my 'firm' choice, cornwall campus or southampton uni

The pros and cons of both weigh up so I'm really unsure, can anyone shed some light on how I can decide?

Also, is the Cornwall campus seen as less academic than the main Exeter campus?

Thanks ~

The fact that you got rejected from the Exeter campus and offered a place at the Cornwall campus sort of answers your own question. Cornwall is not seen as less academic, its just less established and not as well-known. It has yet to build up its reputation to match that of Exeter's Streatham campus. By the time you have graduated, Cornwall may well have a competitive reputation to match that of Exeter.

When comparing Cornwall to Southampton, they are obviously going to be very different experiences. Falmouth is a small-ish place, whereas Southampton is pretty big with lots going on. And Southampton isn't a campus Uni as such either. Do any of these points sway you away from one and towards the other? You should just go with your gut instinct OP.

Personally, if I were you, I would go with Southampton, but only because I wouldn't like being somewhere as (arguably) quiet and out of the way as Falmouth.
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 2
The Cornwall campus is prety nice, if not a little out of the way of things. A middle-ish sized town is nearby in the form of Truro. I hear all kinds of crazy stories about the student's antics from there, so it can't be so bad for being so remote. I would've applied there, but it's too close... I live like 40 mins from the campus and my stepdad works there lol
Falmouth is pretty tiny by my standards.... depends what you are used to. Currently living in London, and anywhere smaller than Exeter would have been too much of a culture shock for me tbh, especially since i'm not desperate to stay in the UK for uni.

Out of the two I PERSONALLY would plump for southhampton. Although at the end of the the day you finish with an exeter degree, regardless of what campus you go to.

good luck :smile:
Reply 4
thanks guys =]

Latest

Trending

Trending