The Student Room Group

Best way to get A's in 4 subjects

What is the best way if i start revising now to get A's in geography, geology and Re.

Also would it be hard for me to get up to an A in english language and literature, what would i need to do in the next couple of months?

My scores in all the ones previous are all C's with no revision before the exams, so i feel that with revision i may be able to push to higher grades
Reply 1
Work like a bloody trojan. Oh yeah and listen in class.
Reply 2
1. Lay out a revision plan. Probably give yourself 2 months before each exam, and varying amounts of time on each subject (e.g. 2 hours in total on your best subject, 10 hours on your worst)
2. Do it. No distractions. No computer (you'll only go on TSR). Just get the textbook (or revision guide) and make notes on each topic. Then learn those notes (e.g. by writing them out, rewriting them smaller, etc).
3. Make sure you do some past papers..
4. For some (AQA) subjects, it can be particularly beneficial to go on their website, take the past papers + mark schemes and make a 2 column table: in the left column, you have things like "ox bow lake", "4 processes of erosion", etc (for geography)... and in the right column you have a full and perfect explanation as explained from the actual mark scheme. Do this for all the previous years' questions, learn this table, and in the exam you'll come up against questions you've already learnt :smile:
5. Revise lots.

GCSEs are 90% revision
Reply 3
Pay attention in school, work hard and revise. It's the only way to get an A in any subject.
I did indeed have to work hard for my A-Levels. What I did though was do loads of past papers, read through mark schemes, and send them to my (very kind) teacher for marking. I asked for ways in which I could improve but basically worked by a$$ off. In mocks I would get Ds and Cs...in the real exam I got full UMS.

Latest