The Student Room Group

Spanish future tense help please?

I'm writing an essay on healthy lifestyle and the like, but I'm just a tad stuck on what to say to include the future tense (both immediate and simple).

Could anyone please help me on how to say anything from this list:

I will exercise more next month, which will make me healthier.
I will never smoke because I understand its effects.
I will eat less fast food and try to eat more vegetables.

Or anything along the lines of health?

Much appreciated...
Padfoot-Prongs
I'm writing an essay on healthy lifestyle and the like, but I'm just a tad stuck on what to say to include the future tense (both immediate and simple).

Much appreciated...

You could say I'm going to exercise, voy a "to exercise" to get in the future :smile:
Reply 2
Padfoot-Prongs

Much appreciated...

Nunca fumare porque comprendo los efectos.
Comere menos comida rapida y probar comer mas verduras.

Accents of course, just cba to add them :smile:
Reply 3
To get the future tense, just whack the present tense endings, (e, as, a, amos, ais, an)on the end of the verb. to smoke - fumar, i will smoke - fumare. (accented e)

thus, 'nunca fumare porque entiendo sus efectos.'

also with the endings note it is e not o for the first person.
Reply 4
cproach1
Comere menos comida rapida y probar comer mas verduras.

Apart from accents, that's incorrect.

"Comeré menos comida rápida e intentaré comer más verdura."

or

"Comeré menos comida rápida y trataré de comer más verdura."

"Probar" is more like try some food (have a bit of it to see if you like it), among other meanings.

It sounds more natural to use "verduras", in singular.

Also, "entender" is more common than "comprender", which, to me, sounds Southamerican (but I'm not sure if they use that word more often than in Spain).
Reply 5
"Voy a hacer más ejercicio para que estoy sano" which means "I am going to do more exercise so that I am healthy". (Not exactly what you wanted to say but it basically has the same meaning).
"Nunca no voy a fumar porque..." which means "I will never smoke because" but I'm not quite sure about how to say that I understand the effects.
"Voy a comer menós comida rapida y voy tratar de comer más verduras" means "I will eat less fast food and I will try to eat more vegetables"

I'm not sure how accurate that is because it's been two years since I did Spanish but I tried...
Reply 6
I will exercise more next month, which will give me a balanced lifestyle. = Haré mas ejercicio el mes que viene, lo que me ayudará a llevar una vida sana y equilibrada.
I will never smoke because I understand its effects.= Nunca fumaré porque entiendo su efectos.
I will eat less fast food and try to eat more vegetable=Comeré menos comida rápida y trataré de comer más verduras/hortalizas.
Reply 7
pie_monster
I will exercise more next month, which will give me a balanced lifestyle. = Haré mas ejercicio el mes que viene, lo que me ayudará a llevar una vida sana y equilibrada.
I will never smoke because I understand its effects.= Nunca fumaré porque entiendo sus efectos.
I will eat less fast food and try to eat more vegetable=Comeré menos comida rápida y trataré de comer más verduras/hortalizas.

:o:
Reply 8
chloedabell
"Voy a hacer más ejercicio para que estoy sano" which means "I am going to do more exercise so that I am healthy". (Not exactly what you wanted to say but it basically has the same meaning).
"Nunca no voy a fumar porque..." which means "I will never smoke because" but I'm not quite sure about how to say that I understand the effects.
"Voy a comer menós comida rapida y voy tratar de comer más verduras" means "I will eat less fast food and I will try to eat more vegetables"

I'm not sure how accurate that is because it's been two years since I did Spanish but I tried...

Cuidado con los tildes, que después no sabremos cuales están bien puestos.:smile:
Reply 9
EmUIbA
Apart from accents, that's incorrect.

"Comeré menos comida rápida e intentaré comer más verdura."

or

"Comeré menos comida rápida y trataré de comer más verdura."

"Probar" is more like try some food (have a bit of it to see if you like it), among other meanings.

It sounds more natural to use "verduras", in singular.

Also, "entender" is more common than "comprender", which, to me, sounds Southamerican (but I'm not sure if they use that word more often than in Spain).

Thanks awfully :smile: And everyone else, that's given me what I need :biggrin: Don't know what I'd do without this site :smile:
pie_monster
Cuidado con los tildes, que después no sabremos cuales están bien puestos.:smile:

Which accents are wrong?
Reply 11
chloedabell
Which accents are wrong?

menós --> menos
rapida --> rápida

There are also some grammatical mistakes in your sentences.
Reply 12

Haré más ejercicio el mes que viene, esto me hará más san@
Nunca fumaré porque entiendo los efectos.
Comeré menos la comida rápida e intentaré comer más verduras.
Reply 13
chloedabell
"Voy a hacer más ejercicio para que estoy esté sano" which means "I am going to do more exercise so that I am healthy". (Not exactly what you wanted to say but it basically has the same meaning).

para que always follows with the subjunctive :smile:

Voy a hacer mas ejercicio el mes que viene, para que este mas sano.
Nunca fumare porque entiendo las consecuencias/efectos
Voy a comer menos comida rápida (you can also say comida basura) e intentare comer mas verduras.
(Sorry, I haven't included all the accents)
Reply 15
cuche
para que always follows with the subjunctive :smile:

That's true, but it doesn't sound natural at all that way.

As a native speaker, this is the way I'd say it:

"Voy a hacer más ejercicio para que esté estar sano"
EmUIbA

EmUIbA
menós --> menos
rapida --> rápida

There are also some grammatical mistakes in your sentences.

Well like I said, I knew it probably wasn't that correct because I haven't touched Spanish for two years but I was bored so I thought I'd try. :smile:
Reply 17
chloedabell
Well like I said, I knew it probably wasn't that correct because I haven't touched Spanish for two years but I was bored so I thought I'd try. :smile:

Hey, yeah, I was just trying to help, since you asked about the accents and stuff. Sorry if you misunderstood me. :wink:
chloedabell
Which accents are wrong?

Las reglas muy fáciles de los tildes:
Palabras Agudas (sílaba tónica en último lugar):
cuando terminan en vocal, n o s

Palabras Llanas (sílaba tónica en penúltimo lugar):
Sólo cuando no acaban en vocal n o s

Esdrújulas y sobreesdrújulas (sílaba tónica en antepenúltimo lugar):
Siempre.:wink:
Reply 19
EmUIbA

It doesn't sound natural because you don't use the subjuntive when referring to yourself but an infinitive :yes:

Latest

Trending

Trending