The Student Room Group

another a level choices thread...but please do read! :)

i was wondering how big the workload would be if i do these as levels next year and if i'd be able to cope as i'm reasonably lazy :P
maths
further maths
economics
french
government and politics
atm i'm predicted as and a*s (inc french and maths)
if i were to do four instead i would not do government and politics
oh and do you have to do many essays in economics and government and politics?
and is government and politics similar to history?
because i don't really like history at gcse that much tbh
(it's one of my worst subjects)
also, is it true that you need 9a*s at least for cambridge to even consider you?!
personally i think its bs but my friend found it on a cambridge college website or something??
i know i had a mountain of questions but thank you to everyone who answers :smile:
if anyones particularly helpful i'll rep you! (Y)
Doing 5 AS levels if you are reasonably lazy is not a good idea, you need to be hard working to do 5 well. I'd think you are better off just doing the four. I can't really comment on the parts about Government and politics but the thing about Cambridge is not true, I know someone at Cambridge who is currently doing a PhD in something to do with physics after getting into there for his undergrad with 6 A*s...

For Cambridge related questions you have you'd be best of visiting the cambridge forum.
Reply 2
letsdothetimewarpagain
Doing 5 AS levels if you are reasonably lazy is not a good idea, you need to be hard working to do 5 well. I'd think you are better off just doing the four. I can't really comment on the parts about Government and politics but the thing about Cambridge is not true, I know someone at Cambridge who is currently doing a PhD in something to do with physics after getting into there for his undergrad with 6 A*s...

For Cambridge related questions you have you'd be best of visiting the cambridge forum.

the thing is i'll work etc if i ENJOY the subject, which i don't know if i will
i was going to do physics at first but then i switched and the head of department at my new sixth form was more than happy to let me switch and she said that 'politics goes really well with economics...'
and tbh it's more of a i don't really enjoy writing essays, etc - i normally put them off til the last minute :P
but i'm pretty sure if i do politics, i'll only do it to AS and not carry it on further as universities see the subject as a relatively soft one?
even if it wasn't i think it would be the subject i am least interested in
i think i might just ask the school that if i do not like the subject, if i could just do 4 (Y)
D: so many decisions to make!
oh and by the way i think i want to do either economics or mathematics with french at university if it makes any difference

Latest