The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Phalanges
I'm saying that nobody has an 80% chance of getting an offer in medicine, especially not based purely on their academics.

I'm just glad you haven't negged me, because if you had i would have lost all my rep+:frown: i've already lost 119 points from a TSrian because of my post on this thread:frown:
Phalanges
Because some people who want to do medicine don't give a toss about plants?

That's a bit like saying that you're not really sure why someone who wanted to pursure medicine wouldn't want to do physics, because there's a tiny portion on imaging that would prove relevant to a medical course.

Idiot.

Well yeah I suppose...who would want to study plants?! haha no offence to anyone who has dedicated their lifes work to said plants!!
Reply 22
Remarqable M
I'm just glad you haven't negged me, because if you had i would have lost all my rep+:frown: i've already lost 119 points from a TSrian because of my post on this thread:frown:

Wasn't me either - my neg is worth more than that and more than Phalanges. :mwuaha:

:colondollar:
RollerBall
I'd disagree. Unless you take human bio, there's naff all in standard.

Bit of lungs, bit of heart, bit of circulatory system and a bit of waste systems.

Waste to spend two years learning about plants, farming, fermentation and all the other useless crap you need to know.

Personally, I took it to AS. WJEC had jiggled the course around and pretty much everything that was to do with the human body was in AS. Then I dropped it.

Yea fair enough, the little stuff you do learn in normal bio is still helpful though, at least you have a starting point.

I did human bio so only about 1/5 of my course was plants, farming and populations and all that other useless stuff.
Ataloss
Wasn't me either - my neg is worth more than that and more than Phalanges. :mwuaha:

the person who negged me is called 'GodspeedGehenna' and he has ridiculously high reputation(2 yellow gems at the end):frown:
Reply 25
Remarqable M
the person who negged me is called 'GodspeedGehenna' and he has ridiculously high reputation(2 yellow gems at the end):frown:

2 yellow gems - that's nothing. :p:
Ataloss
2 yellow gems - that's nothing. :p:

if reputation wasn't coming out of your ears i would've given you ReP+ for being supportive:p:
The Procrastinator
Well yeah I suppose...who would want to study plants?! haha no offence to anyone who has dedicated their lifes work to said plants!!

Certainly not a medic, which is why a lot of people don't bother taking it. :smile:

Ataloss

Show off. :shifty:

Remarqable M
do you play fall out 3? :p:

Yes, yes I do.
Phalanges

Yes, yes I do.

the game is wicked isn't it? I've already played the good guy, now im gonna try the bad guy:p:
Reply 29
Phalanges

Don't worry by the end of the year you will be flashing :yep: and I will be exactly where I am now. :sadnod:
e-penis waving :sigh:

Mine is totally inadequate :emo:
Reply 31
crazylemon
e-penis waving :sigh:

Mine is totally inadequate :emo:

Not totally inadequate - it would do for a one night stand. For a longer term relationship though I would prefer something bigger. :yep:
Phalanges
Certainly not a medic, which is why a lot of people don't bother taking it. :smile:

Yes, yes I do.

There must be some human biology thrown in surely? I haven't done A levels, so I wouldn't know :frown: ...wish I could though! :biggrin:
Ataloss
Not totally inadequate - it would do for a one night stand. For a longer term relationship though I would prefer something bigger. :yep:

Great nice toknownI Can be used as a **** buddyn nthen.
Reply 34
crazylemon
Great nice toknownI Can be used as a **** buddyn nthen.

Seems like you have had a good night out. :yes:
The Procrastinator
There must be some human biology thrown in surely? I haven't done A levels, so I wouldn't know :frown: ...wish I could though! :biggrin:

There is a little bit, but it's quite basic. And everything that is covered will be gone over again (and in more detail in your first year of med school).
Ataloss
Seems like you have had a good night out. :yes:

Yes I did though I suspect I will get howls of laughter once I leave my room (I tend to when I get pissed)
I think I remember writing that....
Reply 37
Longorefisher
Hello,

I was wondering - most medical schools state that Chemistry is a firm requirement for their courses but Biology is listed in the "Extras" section. However, does a lack of biology really make a difference? Say for someone like myself, who studies Maths, F.Maths, Chemistry, Physics and German, could this possibly affect any application at all?

Many thanks!

nope... I did Maths, Further Maths, Phsyics, Chemistry and Law. - it deosnt affect your application (so long as you don't apply to the few schools that require it - although I also think it was a contributing factor for my oxford rejection) but you can still definetly get offers without it.

As for being at a disadvantage - you will be, but only for the first term or so.. I have already caught up 2 years of bio in a term and didn't exactly work flat out to do so and came reasonably high up in the class so don't worry.
Reply 38
and since when did phalanges become a mod??
Sambo2
and since when did phalanges become a mod??

About a week ago, but I don't mod medicine. :wink:

Latest

Trending

Trending