The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Not a Scottish applicant but my firm is Heriot-Watt. :smile:
Reply 41
truthandtragedy
End of November. You?
In a way, I kind-of hope they reject me. Would make the decision a million times easier. :P: I was expecting a rejection from Edinburgh, so didn't even consider going there and now I'm just like :eek3:.

January 11th, had my application finished at the beginning of December though, stupid school :sigh:
I keep saying Glasgow's my first choice, but I want to visit Aberdeen too :smile: not even considering the other 3 tbh, is that bad?! :s-smilie:
Reply 42
emziesferguson
either are good :smile: you moving out?

I'm gonna stay at home. I thought about moving out, but decided it's probably easier (and cheaper) just to stay at home :p:
bex285
January 11th, had my application finished at the beginning of December though, stupid school :sigh:
I keep saying Glasgow's my first choice, but I want to visit Aberdeen too :smile: not even considering the other 3 tbh, is that bad?! :s-smilie:

I was torn between Glasgow and Aberdeen, until I got an offer from Edinburgh so now I think it's between Ed and Glas. :yes: Aberdeen's pretty small from what I remember, and I heard somewhere that they don't have a union. :frown:

Where are you from?
Reply 44
History (V100)
Aberdeen: Unconditional
Glasgow: Unconditional
St Andrews: Unsuccessful
Edinburgh: Waiting
Ronda
I'm gonna stay at home. I thought about moving out, but decided it's probably easier (and cheaper) just to stay at home :p:

yea, i just decided and got it in my head that there was no way i was staying at home!
emziesferguson
You get Band 1, Band 2.. etc at intermediate 2 therefore an A band 1 is like an A* and an A band 2 is similar to an A.. correct me if im wrong!

What about standard grades :s-smilie:
spacepirate-James

im not sure sorry as i didnt do any standard grades only int 2s :frown:
Reply 48
Computer Science + Maths.

Edinburgh - Waiting for Response. (They take their sweet time)
St Andrews - Offer ABB
Glasgow - Offer ABB

Well done everyone.
Reply 50
spacepirate-James

A 1 in an A
A 2 is a B
A 3 is a C
A 4 is a D

5 and 6 are foundation grades..they count for nothing, except they might get you to do int 1;s

7 is a fail
Law
Edinburgh- pending
Aberdeen- conditional
Stirling conditional

History
Aberdeen- unconditional
Edinburgh- pending
Scottish_Klams

Well done everyone.

congratulations, what subject?
emziesferguson
congratulations, what subject?

Psychology. St.Andrews might be a bitch.
yes possibly, do you have a first and second choice etc yet?
emziesferguson
yes possibly, do you have a first and second choice etc yet?

At the moment, Edinburgh is my first choice, and then either Dundee or Glasgow. :smile: What are you hoping to study?
Scottish_Klams
At the moment, Edinburgh is my first choice, and then either Dundee or Glasgow. :smile: What are you hoping to study?

economics, with Dundee being my first choice :smile: it was just like a mini edinburgh and the city is alot cheaper to live in (however the accommodation is quite expensive, but really good in comparison to man others i've seen). Glasgow was a no go for me because i wanted to leave home :smile:
Got St Andrews! :woo: :yep: :eek3:
Decision is in my sig still waiting for the others but I am going to chose Robert Gordon as my firm.
Mittalmar
Got St Andrews! :woo: :yep: :eek3:

congratulations, whats your conditions?

Latest