The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
It's February. It's still winter.
had a few flakes, it better keep away
Yep it's coming down quite a bit here, I can't stand it!
Reply 4
Snowing in essex ;]
Gonna be cold at west ham tonight.
Reply 5
I'm not far from Birmingham and I've noticed three heavy snow showers this afternoon.
I'm only next door in the East Midlands and it's been sporadically snowing here today, as well. Very strange weather. Some of the nicest sunlight of the year so far, but the snow was near-blizzard speed and intensity. The ground wasn't cold enough for it to settle, but it was pretty awesome nonetheless.
Reply 7
Nothing in East London, meh.
It's snowing in Canterbury...or has been on/off for a few hours now. The sky was a really weird muddy brown earlier. Very Strange.
I guess this is around the same time in the year as when we had loads of snow last year though?
Didn't we have snow in April last year?
It's February, so we're still in Winter. Expect snow.
It's been snowing for 5/6 hours, not settled though.

Spring isn't until March/April, Feb is definitely still winter.
Reply 12
I think about half 4, it was trying to snow a little bit and then it stopped. (St. Helens.)
Reply 13
>Anna<
It's snowing in Canterbury...or has been on/off for a few hours now. The sky was a really weird muddy brown earlier. Very Strange.
I guess this is around the same time in the year as when we had loads of snow last year though?

I work in Canterbury (I say work, I was distracted by the snow a little :biggrin: ). Couldn't resist taking a wander out on my break. Was coming down pretty hard at one point! I live less than 10 miles away, and yet whatever there is Canterbury, it always hits my village 10 times harder! I dread to think what the A2 is going to be like getting into Canterbury tomorrow morning.

Why was the thread about the snow in America merged with one about Britain? Surely the quite drastic differences would justify 2 threads? :s-smilie:
hobo06
I work in Canterbury (I say work, I was distracted by the snow a little :biggrin: ). Couldn't resist taking a wander out on my break. Was coming down pretty hard at one point! I live less than 10 miles away, and yet whatever there is Canterbury, it always hits my village 10 times harder! I dread to think what the A2 is going to be like getting into Canterbury tomorrow morning.

Yeah, I just went on a walk around uni and it was really heavy a few minutes ago. I couldn't really see anything at one point. Sounds like it's starting up again too! The ungritted road surfaces are already pretty slippy so it could be interesting tomorrow. We're praying for a snow day!
Broderss
Is it snowing where you are? I'm in the centre of Brum and it is coming down HEAVY. It was completely out of the blue (literally) as it was a clear sunny morning today... :s-smilie:

I though it was supposed to be Spring... like... now... :confused:? But it's not. It's awesome! :awesome:

:lolwut:

God, Brum hardly ever gets serious snow and now...again? I guess you know what they say about buses =/

I got snowed on the other day, and hailed on today, but both times I glared at the sky until it stopped. No more, I said.
Reply 16
>Anna<
Yeah, I just went on a walk around uni and it was really heavy a few minutes ago. I couldn't really see anything at one point. Sounds like it's starting up again too! The ungritted road surfaces are already pretty slippy so it could be interesting tomorrow. We're praying for a snow day!

Hmm not much here at the moment... No doubt it will hit later overnight and I'll wake up to it. My village doesn't get gritted at all, so the roads are horrible. Thank **** for 4 wheel drive!
I don't get snow days, my manager was a complete knob when we had the last lot of snow. I'll just pray it doesn't take me 2 hours to get to work again!
Reply 17
Hope it gets WORSER! :awesome:
its on/off, more worried about the ice on the roads in the morning though

Latest