The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 1
I applied in early October...and got my offer in Dec =D 38 in total IB points with 6 and 6 in Bio and Chem.

Don't worry about the it! I'm sure that they are still giving out offers!
I don't mean to hijack the thread, but since I'm an international Applicant and I'm living in some other country, I've never been to Imperial in my whole life... Is there anyone who went for open day/visited Imperial before?? What do you think about the course and the department?
I remember a thread about how Biochemists are really unhappy about Imperial (the Facebook group!). That really Freaks me out! :frown:
I really want to firm Imperial but before that I need to make sure whether the course worth the money (you know how expensive Imperial is..especially for international applicants! :s-smilie:)
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 2
uer23
I have yet to hear from Imperial and I applied way back in mid November. Getting a bit anxious now. :frown:

How many of you have already got your offer for Biochem ?

I applied in early December for Biochem and have yet to receive an offer from Warwick or Imperial.
See sig.
As Big Head said already, don't worry too much about it. If your application were not good you'd have been denied a place already. Imperial is notorious for giving out some offers as late as March.
I'm a biochem applicant too, btw, and they didn't even bother sending me an email to confirm receipt of my application... Would be nice to get an offer, though.
Reply 4
Don't worry, Imperial is known for being one of the slowest unis when it comes to giving out their decisions.xD I applied in October and only heard back around january ish.
As far as I know, offers are given out in little "pocketfuls" each time(and sometimes quite randomly too). I know it's hard to not worry when you haven't heard but try not to think about it too much if you can. =] The decision will come sooner or later!

(and agreed...an email/mail to confirm things would've been nice.... ).

EDIT:
Just received an email regarding open days and saying congrats, "you have been made an offer ....". Hehe, I found this quite funny as their reply was updated on my UCAS track a month ago.XD(why such a long gap between offer confirmation and update lol. :p:).

Ahem, anyways, just another evidence that Imperial doesn't seem to be "very quick", good luck for those who're still waiting! =]
Reply 5
Bio_Science
As Big Head said already, don't worry too much about it. If your application were not good you'd have been denied a place already. Imperial is notorious for giving out some offers as late as March.
I'm a biochem applicant too, btw, and they didn't even bother sending me an email to confirm receipt of my application... Would be nice to get an offer, though.

I got this email [See spoiler]
How comes you didn't ?

Spoiler

Been over a week now since the end of January so was just getting a little worried. Also have seen a couple of peeps on here with offers. Anyways just have to be a little more patient and wait to see what happens. Good luck to everyone else who is still waiting for an offer. :smile:
Reply 6
hey, i applied to Imperial for biochem mid-november and havent heard back yet either...got an acknowledgement saying i would know by the end of jan but nothing yet :frown:
Reply 7
Nimbus
Don't worry, Imperial is known for being one of the slowest unis when it comes to giving out their decisions.xD I applied in October and only heard back around january ish.
As far as I know, offers are given out in little "pocketfuls" each time(and sometimes quite randomly too). I know it's hard to not worry when you haven't heard but try not to think about it too much if you can. =] The decision will come sooner or later!

(and agreed...an email/mail to confirm things would've been nice.... ).

EDIT:
Just received an email regarding open days and saying congrats, "you have been made an offer ....". Hehe, I found this quite funny as their reply was updated on my UCAS track a month ago.XD(why such a long gap between offer confirmation and update lol. :p:).

Ahem, anyways, just another evidence that Imperial doesn't seem to be "very quick", good luck for those who're still waiting! =]

Hey congratulations on your offer! :top:

Just looked at your profile, wow amazing academics :smile:
Now I really know that I'm going to get rejected if people like you have applied for the course :frown:
Reply 8
Applied mid October, got mine early December: A in Biology + A in Chemistry.

Don't think I'll be accepting it though.
Reply 9
Any non-international applicants with offers yet ? Also if you'd like to state your GCSE/A-Level grades. Thanks.
Reply 10
Applied in October, offer in November.

Latest

Trending

Trending