The Student Room Group

What are the differences between those MSc programs in computer (Urgent)

I want to gain a MSc degree from one of the British universities , so I found a lot of courses at the computing departments , so can any one tell e what are the differences (regarding the course description, available positions after graduating, etc,.. ) between the following Master programs:-
1. computer science
2. software engineering
3. distributed system
4. parallel and high performance system
thanks
In computer science you will learn about hardware how computer actually works, you will learn about computer chips.

In software engineering you will learn about application programming much of the programming side you can say you will learn how to develop software.

In distributed system you will learn about networking.

parallel and high performance system I dont know about this but I think this should be about mainframes.
Reply 2
johnjohn123
I want to gain a MSc degree from one of the British universities , so I found a lot of courses at the computing departments , so can any one tell e what are the differences (regarding the course description, available positions after graduating, etc,.. ) between the following Master programs:-
1. computer science
2. software engineering
3. distributed system
4. parallel and high performance system
thanks

CS is typically more advanced and high level theory than an undergraduate degree, software engineering focusses on engineering practices in the development of software (basically, programming, system architecture, etc), distributed systems and parallel & high performance systems, etc, are just MSc degrees that focus on that particular area of CS (as opposed to the plain CS which are more general and you can pick modules from a variety of areas)
Reply 3
storageclothing
In computer science you will learn about hardware how computer actually works, you will learn about computer chips.

In software engineering you will learn about application programming much of the programming side you can say you will learn how to develop software.

In distributed system you will learn about networking.

parallel and high performance system I dont know about this but I think this should be about mainframes.

...you hardly learn about the hardware...cs is more about programming and software.

Latest

Trending

Trending