The Student Room Group
Reply 1
French and Italian are best as Paris and Milan are two of the four major fashion week cities. It depends on the area of fashion you want to work in, really - what appeals to you?
harleygrant
French and Italian are best as Paris and Milan are two of the four major fashion week cities. It depends on the area of fashion you want to work in, really - what appeals to you?

This
Reply 3
I'd recommend French and Italian personally
Paris and Milan are HUGE fashion shows, and new yoik is accessible to you as you speak english :smile:
Reply 4
I'm doing Spanish A-Level, so I have to do that at Degree...

Unless I triple up....Spanish/French/Italian :eek3:

I really don't mind what area. I could even be for a fashion magazine, like mode in Ugly Betty LOL !

Nothing like a fashion designer....
Reply 5
I think you definitely could. I think the three languages sounds really good! :smile: I guess Spanish will be good because you can work in more obscure fashion cities like Barcelona and cities in South America. As the others said, though, French and Italian would be very useful.
Reply 6
Ooh La
I think you definitely could. I think the three languages sounds really good! :smile: I guess Spanish will be good because you can work in more obscure fashion cities like Barcelona and cities in South America. As the others said, though, French and Italian would be very useful.

I may do the three then, and get studying :eek3:

It's my dream to work in fashion.
Reply 7
Ross E
I may do the three then, and get studying :eek3:

It's my dream to work in fashion.

Good luck. I think its possible because I read in Vogue or maybe Elle a couple of years ago that the lady who organises the whole womens' clothes department at Harrods has a degree in languages :smile:
Reply 8
Ooh La
Good luck. I think its possible because I read in Vogue or maybe Elle a couple of years ago that the lady who organises the whole womens' clothes department at Harrods has a degree in languages :smile:

Gracias por la ayuda. :yes:
Reply 9
Ross E
Gracias por la ayuda. :yes:

De nada.

Latest

Trending

Trending