The Student Room Group
Reply 1
is that a good thing?
Reply 2
Well I'd say no, but I don't know! It's weird how it never used to be there, hmm.
where is the ucas extra thingy?
Reply 4
If you go onto course search, you can select an option to view courses with places in Extra.
Reply 5
id say it isnt a good thing for the uni, because it suggests they havent been able to fill their places. which seems unlikely, for nottingham. are there any other explanations?
Reply 6
hi everyone, could someone please help me cos i really want to see what is available in ucas extra for geography cos its likely they also may be available in clearing too (i think!?) but on the ucas website i dont have a clue how to tell.... could someone help?! thank you! Masie x
Reply 7
Full time degree courses for geography in Extra are on this page: http://search.ucas.co.uk/cgi-bin/hsrun/search/search/StateId/CtjHn30kkNJZudxucR0i7pjUTGDBo-Uw7o/HAHTpage/search.HsSearch.submitForm?txtSubject=Geography&cmbQual=DEG&cmbAttend=FT&cmbInst=&chkExtra=Y&button1.x=32&button1.y=13 :smile: Hope it works. Come to Notts with me (most people are going to Durham on here :frown: )

I still don't get why Nottingham is on there. They had around 14 applications per place this year, and they turned down two great people I know of!

Still :confused:
Some uni's advertise place available in Extra but in reality they're only available to international students - they've filled up their quota of UK/EU students but they've got the space to teach a few more students but not the funding so try to fill the spaces with people paying their own way.

Alternatively it could be that they've realised that not as many people picked them for firm/insurance as they were expecting to, or maybe another subject has accepted that it wont manage to meet it's number target and the extra spaces have been transferred to geography to make sure the uni/faculty as a whole meets it's number targets.
Reply 9
Oh, thanks!
Reply 10
-Sian-
Full time degree courses for geography in Extra are on this page: http://search.ucas.co.uk/cgi-bin/hsrun/search/search/StateId/CtjHn30kkNJZudxucR0i7pjUTGDBo-Uw7o/HAHTpage/search.HsSearch.submitForm?txtSubject=Geography&cmbQual=DEG&cmbAttend=FT&cmbInst=&chkExtra=Y&button1.x=32&button1.y=13 :smile: Hope it works. Come to Notts with me (most people are going to Durham on here :frown: )

I still don't get why Nottingham is on there. They had around 14 applications per place this year, and they turned down two great people I know of!

Still :confused:

ooo thank you sian! :top:

Latest

Trending

Trending