The Student Room Group

Subject choice woes

hey

I'm currently doing my AS levels: chem, bio, physics and further maths.

My problem is that i really think i've picked the wrong subjects, i don't enjoy them and can't see myself doing them in the future. I was just wondering what my options would be if i wanted to somehow change to something like english, history, and politics
Reply 1
Basically, retake the entire year or finish this year drop one of them and pick up history or politics or something at A/S next year. Its way too far along really to be considering changing anything now - and I only say that because Im 95% sure your college wont allow it.

Last year I made the mistake of picking sciences, having no interest and dropping out. This year I retook with subjects that I then realised I had more interest in and it was the best choice i couldve made personally.
Reply 2
Owned.

Change course. AS Levels are a joke and can be studied for in 2 weeks.

Then boom, go to Uni, choose a subject you don't like and drop out of that.

Or, save us all some time and kill yourself.
Reply 3
^ What an absolute Mug.

Just try your hardest mate, if you cant do it retake Year 12 with Relevant subjects. Try and get work experiance for those fields as well, anything to strengthen your application.
Reply 4
2 options - Finish your courses this year, and possibly gain some AS levels, and restart next year with your preferred choices.

Or - Drop out for now and get a job or some work experience until September, and start AS levels then, which means you will have spent 2 years doing A levels, not 3.

Either way really, but it'll be too late to switch subjects now, you'll be too far along in the course to be able to reasonably catch up.
Reply 5
Louise_x
2 options - Finish your courses this year, and possibly gain some AS levels, and restart next year with your preferred choices.

Or - Drop out for now and get a job or some work experience until September, and start AS levels then, which means you will have spent 2 years doing A levels, not 3.

Either way really, but it'll be too late to switch subjects now, you'll be too far along in the course to be able to reasonably catch up.

^^^this. :yes:
Reply 6
you're doing further maths, but not maths??

Latest